Chapter 5

I caught sight of Anthony again at lunch today. He was wearing a white Aeropostale shirt with jeans and, of course, prison issued boots. One size fits most was their motto, even though mine were pretty big. But I am small so that's normal. He looked like he had something important going on today. His clothes were a lot nicer than mine. Maybe you got better clothes as you were here longer because my best outfit was a faded Minnesota Vikings t-shirt but his was a brand-spanking new Aeropostale shirt. I sat next to him and got straight to talking.

"Ok," I said in a whisper. I was talking very fast because today was a short meal day. Once a month, we had short meals and longer work. It just made me want to break out even more. But I had to find out my past first. "How do I get out of here?"

"First I need to know your time frame."

"I need to find out my past. That will take about two months. As soon as possible after that."

"Ok. We might need more people. I know a guy who is a tools specialist. He can get us the stuff we need. You need to get an outsider and that's it. Do you remember anyone's phone number on the outside?"

"Yes." I knew I had to do it. Even though she was annoying, I could remember her phone number perfectly. I don't know why, but I knew it was our only way out. I needed to call Amy.