Chapter 8

That night before I went to sleep I noticed something on the wall. It looked like dried blood and I wondered how many people had been beaten in this very spot where I was standing. After awhile I noticed it was words, spelled out in a dying person's blood. Must have been from awhile ago because I haven't heard of any prison guard sick enough to almost kill a person, but not quite, so that they died from bleeding out. I was shaken by that thought.

The words inscribed were hard to read, and I had bad eyesight. I could barely make out the words. The keys are hidden in the walls, but only few know the way in, and outsiders will hear you call, for help will not be found inside these walls, for the keys are just clues.

Ok. This was obviously some sort of riddle. I will take it step by step. The keys are in the walls. This means that some sort of keys/clues are located in the walls. No clues were given on which walls. Few know the way in. The library here has some good logs on past prisoners, if only I could take one of those out. The logs are only for family. Outsiders will hear you call. Maybe outsiders are not let in and only I can find the clues. Or I get trapped inside the walls and I will call for help. Help will not be found. I think that when I get in the walls, more clues will help me and there is no physical thing that will help me get out, like a drill or some keys.

I pondered this all night long. I drifted into a deep sleep, only awoken by the sounds of terrible screams.

$

I knew that it was the machine with that girl Ana. I bet she never slept. But why did I hear the screams? I never heard them. The walls were super sound proof and no one even knew where the room was. I looked up at the wall with the writing and I knew why I could hear the screams. The screams were from someone who was dying from it. They kept it on so long that the man/woman could scream before they died. And it was loud. I realized something in that moment with the person screaming. The clues were in the walls of the room with Ana in it.