Chapter 8: Steal and Stop

"YOOOOUUUUUU GUUYYYYYSSSS!!" Yamada screams in my ear making it bleed. "I can't believe you guys just went off by yourself!!"

We were sitting on a table in the cafe around the fair, since it was shut down because of the villain appearance.

I rub my poor ear as I scoff at him. "We weren't even hurt... Jeez...."

Nemuri folds her arms "We were still worried about you Aizawa.... facing a villian is still a huge thing... you deal with."

Toshinori laughed "How about you guys get some food while me and Aizawa talk!!"

Yamada snorts "Fine!! I'm hungry anyways...." he and Nemuri wait on line.

I mean back on my chair "Now since they aren't here.... spill it, what happened back there.."

He tenses up, then sighs rubbing the back of his neck. "Its... hard to understand..."

I waited for him to talk as I looked out the window "I saved your life back there... I think it's clear that I should know...."

He nods then laughs nervously "Where do I start... heh... I guess it can be from the beginning..."
"Aizawa... I used to be quirkless...."

I look at him shocked "You can't used to be, you either have one or you don't."

He shakes his head "I know it sounds strange but.... I never had this quirk to begin with.... it was given to me from someone...."

I look at him with disbelief as I mean forward. "That's impossible!! You can't just give away your quirk!!"

"But what if there was a quirk for that...." he says.

I hesitated as my mind started to process. "Thats...."

He sighs "Many years ago.... there was a man who had a quirk that could take other people's quirks.... he had a brother.... who was quirkless and can only stand by and watch his brother.... the man gave the brother a quirk... a quirk to pass on other quirks...."

My eyes widened. "So... that means.."

He nods "I've been given the quirk that's been passed on from hero to hero through the centuries.... And now... the villian we just faced... that's the guy who can steal quirks..."

I shake my head "T-Thats..."

"Unbelievable? Yah... I said the samething..." he says smiling nervously. "But all I can ask you to do is to.... trust me"

But before I could say anything else. We were interrupted by Nemuri and Yamada who came with the food.

"Eat up guys!!" Nemuri says warmly.
Toshinori smiles at her "Lets eat.."

I pull the covers closer to my chest as I adjusted my pillow. I took the picture from my drawer.

The photo of my family.

I remember the night my parents were killed. The night where I discovered my quirk.

Crash!!!
"Mommy!! What was that!!" I said quivering in fear.

My mom holding me tighter. "Everything's going to be okay Shouta!!"

"Ana!! Get Shouta to safety!!" My dad yelled as his eyes sparkled with electricity.

Someone laughs, a man shadowed bt darkness with a face I couldn't identify Bang!!

"MOM!!" I yelled as she falls onto me a gunshot wound on her back.

I cry as her blood soaks into my shirt. My dad roars in anger, as electricity shots out from his arm.

The man laughs even louder as he catches the electricity letting it soak into his body. My dad steps back in shock the electricity in his eyes disappearing. As he looks back at me mouthing out his final words.

"Run Shouta..." as he falls to the ground, his body burning in flames.

I fall down on the floor as the man starts to walk towards me.

"You killed mommy.... and daddy..."

"Oh? How would you like to be killed? By your daddy's or mommy's quirk?" He says laughing as electricity, my Dad's quirk and fire, my mom's quirk.

I cry not in sadness or fear, but in anger. My eyes turned red as my hair float. "AGHHHH!!!!!!"

Both the power in his hand disappears as he looks at his palm in shock.
"W-What?"

I sigh, keeping my emotions inside I didn't know what happened on that night, the next day I woke up in the hospital, the doctors saying that the criminal ran away in fear and that my parents couldn't be saved.

The villain and the man from that night.... was it possible that they could've been... the same person?

"A man who could steal quirks..." My eyes glowed red. "And a man who can stop them..."