Chapter 12: A burning punch

I lost
How did Toshinori figure out my quirk's weakness so fast?

I sighed running a hand through my hair. "He's not only strong but smart.. dammit.."

"Hey Shouta!!" Yamada yells running over to me. We were both sitting on the benches the next match was about to start.

"What is it?" I said rubbing my ear from his loud voice.
"I heard you got defeated for the first time!!"

I glare at him, "Got a problem?!"
Yamada backs away "heyheyhey!! No scary eyes please!! I just wanted to see how you're holding up with your defeat.."

I sighed looking away from him. "I guess... I was really suprised, I always overestimate the things I can do with my power. But I never really think about what other people can do with their's..."

Yamada puts a hand on his chin. "I see.." he pats me on the back. "Even if you got defeated, at least you tried for best!! That's all that matters.."

I snort in response "Yah right.."

"AND WE'RE BACK EVERYONE!!" The speaker yelled as the audience cheers in delight.

"THE FINAL MATCH TO DETERMINE THE CHAMPION OF THE SPORTS FESTIVAL WILL BE... TOSHINORI YAGI AND ENJI TODOROKI!!"

Enji... I still remember facing him in the cafeteria, his quirk was fire. I've seen his matches all of his opponents were scorched by his flames and burned to the ground.

Is this guy even a hero?
"AND FIGHT!!" The match began as both men fought against each other.

Of course Enji was the first to charge, releasing his flame out of fury at Toshinori. He yelped dodging out of the way. 

"HotHotHotHot!!" Toshinori yelled, the rubber under his shoes smoking.

Enji attacked again hurling balls of flame at him, Yagi dodged them and brought his fist ready to punch.

I was at the edge of my seat. If Toshinori punched Enji, he would get burned by his flames. However, he could also knock him out of the arena.

I was correct. Toshinori's skin started burn from Enji's fire, but despite the pain he still had the strength to punch him into an uppercut stopping Enji's flames.

Then he used his other fist to punch him in the stomach. "SMASSSHHH!!!"

Knocking him out of the outline, leaving the hothead defeated.

"AND THE WINNER OF THE SPORT'S FESTIVAL IS YAGI TOSHINORI!!" The speaker yelled and the crowd cheered for his victory.

Me and Hizashi cheered as well. Sure Yagi defeated me, but I have to be supportive of him.

Toshinori smiles at us, wait is he crying.

"I WON!!" Toshinori looked a little faint but he held out his scorched up hand.
"Yeah, he should probably see a doctor for that..." Yamada says. I snort in response .