Chapter 17: Hero's Ending

I walk through the chilling night, trying to catch up with my blond haired friend. I follow through unfamiliar streets, squinting through the darkness with flickering lights from the street lights, making it harder to see. "Where the hell is that guy going? At midnight no less!" 

I stop myself, is something wrong with him. His smile, seemed fake back at my house. As if he was trying to hide something. I think back what he said earlier when I saw him crying on the grass. 

That's when he starts to break into sobs it was almost hard to understand him. "She's dead!! The only person who cared about me torn away from my life!!"

My eyes widened. "W-What!!"

I sighed, remembering my reaction to his sudden sadness. 

He kept this sadness away from everyone in class, covering it up with a smile...

I put a hand on his shoulder. "You think she's the only person who cared about you..."

He doesn't answer me, his face filled with tears.

"You have us!! Your friends that care about you... nobody knows your pain because you cover it with a smile.. but some people can see past that.. so why even bother?"

Toshinori smiles
"Because.... Nana told me to smile.. because no matter how scary the situation you need to put on smile to show that you're okay... smiles are what makes you the strongest.."

I look at him in disbelief but also in anger "What kind of bullshit is that!!"

And instead of comforting the poor bastard, I lashed out my own anger against him. I called him foolish, for keeping such a smile on his face, despite his wretched sadness. 

His words reminded me of me, when I was so much younger. 

And much more foolish....

I brush a hand through my hair, but I still shouldn't have talked to him like that. I look down at the city ground, lonely without my friends. I never had such friends ever since I came to UA, I almost break down crying, but keep the tears in my eyes. I need to find him, because he's my friend. 

I suddenly hear a sharp crash, between the tall buildings that reveal a dark alleyway. I rush to the harsh sound, is that who I think it is? 

I grab onto my scarf, ready to face whatever is headed towards me, but I remember this is my first do or die situation. I'm only a 15 year old high school student, there is no way I can pull off something like this. 

I tighten my grip on my scarf, who cares? My friend's in there and I have to help them. 

Ugh, when have I ever said that to myself. It's so cringy saying that out loud. 

I stand up straighter and walk through the jaws of danger. (Do you really have describe it like that author? Yes bish) 

I look up to see the familiar blondie haired smiling friend, and to see him on the ground, groaning in pain. Blood splattering onto the ground that dripped off the side of his head. 

Toshinori looks up at me, my shocked face illuminating from the moonlight. "...Aizawa?" is the only thing he manages to croak out. The strongest person in UA, the most brightest one who was bound to be ranked the number one hero was one the ground bloody and bruised. 

And I start to panic, who would be this strong to leave such a student so broken. And if I was to fight him for my friend's safety... There was no chance that I could ever succeed. 

"Well, would you look at that Toshinori." A too familiar voice answers from the darkness. "Your friend has come, to save you?" I look up to see the same man from the chilly fall festival, on the same day I found out all about him.