Chapter 11: Powerful and Powerless

I throw another kernel of popcorn in my mouth as intermission started to end.

"Hey Toshinori!! Congrats on the last two match!! You took out the guys like they were flies!!" Yamada says next to me stealing some of my popcorn.

Toshinori puts a hand on his hips "Thanks!! I heard that you and Aizawa are fighting next!!"

I look up at the scoreboard. He was right me and Yamada were going to fight next.

"Yeah!! That means we have to get to the platform soon... let's go Aizawa!!" Yamada says patting me making me spill my popcorn.

My eyes turn red as I looked at him "You'll regret doing that!!"
Yamada hides behind Toshinori "Help me!!"

I sighed, I wonder what my parents thought of me right now.... would they be proud of me?

"AND THE NEXT COMPETITORS WILL BE!! YAMADA HIZASHI AND SHOUTA AIZAWA!!" The speaker yells.

My cue to enter the platform. I walked out facing Yamada as he waves to me.

"3...2.."
"Good luck dude!!"
"1..."
"I don't need luck..."
"AND START!!

"ONE SHOUT IS ALL IT TAKES AIZAWA!!" Yamada yells.
"Not if... you're vs me..." my eyes lit up feeling my hair float as my quirk takes effect on him.

Yamada touches his throat. "Dammit!!"

I lunge at him, punching him in the stomach and out of the arena. Letting his glasses crack on the floor.

"AND THE WINNER IS AIZAWA SHOUTA!!"

I pick up the broken glasses.
"Ah man!! You were really good by the way!!" Yamada says taking the glasses from my hand.

He pats me on the shoulder "I should probably say 'good luck"

I look at him "And why's that?"

He smiles "Because your next competition is Toshinori..."

"Hey!! Aizawa!!" Toshinori walks over to me.

"What is it? Our next match is gonna start..." I say.

He smiles "I just wanted to say good luck and that I won't let you win so easily!!"

I scoff at him "We'll see..."

We both enter the arena after that as Toshinori's bright face shines throughout the place.

"AND START!!"

I let my stare take a hold of him, getting rid of his power

But Toshinori charges at me no matter what. Instead of landing a blow he grabs my scarf and unrolls it off me, making me spin in a circle.

When I stop, I noticed he took it off. "What do you think you're going to do with that?"

He smiles confidently "I think I know how your quirk works!!" He puts my scarf over himself "Your quirk only works if you can see the person's face!!"

I gasp, how did he figure it out!!

"So if I wrap this around my face!!" He mumbles under the cloth "Your quirk will have no affect on me!!"

"Tch..." I growled, backing away.

"And that means!! I can use my quirk freely!!" Toshinori says. "SMASH!!" He roars punching me in the stomach so hard that it sends me flying to the other side of the wall.

"AGHH!!" I groaned, falling to my knees in defeat. I coughed as everyone cheers for Toshinori, but my eyes still glow red at him.