-Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji)

"I ... humiliated as a pet ... my house was burnt, my family was killed. I was such a... powerless kid. Therefore, I returned to this place in order to make those people who put me through such fate taste the same humiliation. The successors of the generations killed three years prior would come to me as long as I am the head of the Phantomhive family that stands in their way. I'm waiting ...for them to come and try to kill me here."

"Moping around with sadness and sorrow... what will come of it? Even dead people can do that. However, I'll live and stand on my own two legs. If we are going to die one day, wouldn't it be better to have no regrets?"

"After all, justice in this world is just a bunch of principles, made by those with power to suit themselves."

"We as humans have the power to do such, but whether we grab on to the thread or not is a choice we make."

"Unfortunately, in reality there is no situation where one can win merely by following the rules. There will be knights that break the rules, and even chess pieces that betray him."

"Pain tends to heal as time passes, but personally, I don't want time to heal my wounds. You may think you've escaped the pain and forgotten it, but that's nothing more than stagnation. You can't move forward without the pain."

"So what? You're another person, so of course you look different. What do you need to be ashamed for? Besides, I'm free to be with whoever I want. No one has the right to say anything about it."

"He is nothing more than one of my pawns. However, he is not a normal pawn. He is a pawn that can get across the whole board in one move."

" There are some things you can never get back,no matter how much effort you put in.And there are some feelings of despair,that you can never ever shake off."

"That's not wrong... You fought to protect your world. Isn't that good enough? No one really thinks of others, you will lose everything if you can't keep up. After all, justice in this world is just a bunch of principles made by those with power to suit themselves. Only two kinds of people exist in this world: those who steal...and those who are stolen from. So then, today I just stole your future. That's all."