Running Away

Christine's POV

I can't believe what has happened to me. Not just with the stuff with my angel.....okay actually, everything having to pertain to that. Mostly it was our kiss. Our kiss. I just knew that after I kissed him, I was truly in love with him. Not Raoul. I didn't even want to marry Raoul after that. After Mine and Erik's kiss, I begged him for me to stay. But all he said was this. 'You are free. I won't keep you prisoner any more.'

My heart was breaking, but I saw him with a full look of sadness in his eyes. He said he loved me.....yet let me go. Does he still love me? That's what was on my mind for the next two days......the two days' before my marriage with Raoul. Nobody cares to even ask me if I still wanted to marry him. So I kept quiet for a while.

Raoul tried everything to make me forget. I didn't want to hurt him, he was my childhood friend after all. So I tried to forget, for his sake. But every night I would dream about Erik. Dreaming about him holding me once again in his arms. Yearning for the day I would be with him once more. But that day never had nor ever will come.

When the eve of our wedding day arrived, I knew that I couldn't stay in this or fake this any longer. I needed to be with my angel. I quickly grabbed my cloak and was about to take of on a horse, when Meg saw me.

"Christine, what are you doing?" She whispered yelled to me.

"Meg....." I sighed "I can't stay here any longer. I can't go through with this. I-" I was cut of by her shushing me and hugging me.

"I'll do anything to see me best friend happy." She whispered in my ear. Pulling away she smiled at me and I smiled back. She helped me on the horse and I rode off to the Opera house. I took a path in the woods to keep a low profile. I was far away from Raoul's Mansion now. And I was happy. Along the way though, the horse saw a snake and ran faster. I tried to stop but before he could slow down, I hit my head on a branch and I felt myself flinging off the horse. All I remembered next was a black figure standing over me and I fainted.