Deception

Erik's POV

Even though the doctor gave me an order to stay outside, I couldn't stay away. So I stood right next to the door. All I could hear was some very uncomfortable talk. I knew after the doctor said he need to check her, it embarrassed her for him to say it right in front of me. I mean her face grew red as a tomato for pity's sake! What I wasn't intending though was the very last bit of news.

She probably couldn't bare children.

One one hand, I'm raging like mad from this being all my fault. I knew she wanted to have children. This is killing her. I could see it in her eyes. This had made me feel like it was all my fault....which it was. If I had just....If I could have just turned back time.....

But on the other hand, I was slightly releaved. The child would have my deformity. Had the same excrutiation childhood and life I had....well, some things. Christine would, for sure, love him/her no matter what. Though it's still taking me a while to accept and see her perspective on that. I would love out child too. But still I wouldn't subject our child to the fate I had...I just couldn't.

Although we're not 100% sure she can't have children. I mean their was still that 10%......

I suddenly heard her saying for the doctor not to tell me anything about this. Why? Because I would kick her out? In fear of me not loving her? Of course not! How obsured! I mean I would love her, with or without children.

I hear footsteps come out and I ran to the room next to her's. I sat and quickly positioned myself as if I was waiting a long time. The doctor knocked on the door.

"Come in." I jumped up and looked him straight in the eye. "Well?" He had a worried look on his face.

"Well...she'll be fine." I could hear the lie. I didn't want that. I wanted him to tell me the truth, even though I already know. I gave him a death glare to see if he was telling me the truth. After a few minutes of me staring him down, He finally gave in.

"Okay, okay I'll tell you!" He said in a loud whisper. "She has Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. She has a 90% chance of not having children. I'm very sorry monsieur." I nodded and I turned my back to say 'Now please leave.' Thankfully he got the message. He left and I heard him and Daroga talking. He came up and was asking me questions as soon as I was heading to Christine's room.

"So, is she alright?" I stopped but didn't turn around.

"Oh she'll be fine form what I heard." Then I walked away. But I never told him the truth. Christine probably will, both keeping secrets from me. And I wasn't going to be the one left in the dark.

'Two can play at this game.'