Hope

Christine POV

The Jones have been so nice to me. I got home from my trip to the cemetery and go to the bathroom. I slip my dress off and enter the bath. I let the warm water wash over my naked body and I sigh. This is the most relief I've had in awhile. I think of all the moments Erik and I shared. I would now have to live the rest of my life alone. I sob. Now there was a 100% chance that I would never bare a child. I could never or ever would lay with another man. Erik would be the only man ever to touch me or see me as nature had intended me to be. I am startled by the sound of a knock on the bathroom door. 

        "Christine? May I come in?" It's Emma.

        "Yes." She opens the door.

        "Hello. I just bought you some new clothes and some maternal clothes." She smiles and places them on the counter.

        "Maternal?"

        "For when you get larger, of course!" I am confused.

        "What do you mean?"

        "You mean...you don't know?" She asks. I shake my head "no". 

        "Christine, you are pregnant...I thought you knew...A doctor told us when he was taking care of you..."

        "Oh..." So Erik did not leave me alone. He gave his life, yet gave me his life in another form. As a child. I would be a mother...I made the 10% chance. If only Erik was here to see this... "Thank you Emma. I am forever grateful..."

        "It's not a problem, Christine." She leaves. A few minutes later I step out of the bath. I look at myself in the mirror. Now that I look, my stomach seems slightly larger and my breasts seem bigger. I rub my hand across my belly. Thank you Erik I silently pray. Maybe in this life there is hope. Hope enough to survive. 

        I make my way to bed and let my hand rest upon my stomach... I smile... In the faintest whispers of the night I hear my name being called. Christine...