Chapter 7

"Hurry DarkPaw! We don't have much time!" Graypaw shouted, interrupting DarkPaw's thinking. "Sorry, Graypaw." DarkPaw Said, continuing to walk. "That was one beautiful She-Cat." RainPaw Said. "Yes, But She is DoveBreeze. But she might be able to help us even though she is casting plans for the future." DarkPaw Said. "How, And Why, Do you think a rogue who lives in The Dark Forest, would help us?" BramblePaw Asked. "I know it." DarkPaw Said, growling at BramblePaw.

They walked deeper into the Dark Forest, into a small valley. "It must be never ending for them." RainPaw admitted. The other 3 apprentices nodded. "What do you think is the best idea? Split up for stick together?" DarkPaw Asked. "I say we split up." Graypaw Said. "Graypaw, That is not a good idea!" BramblePaw Said. "BramblePaw is right, DoveBreeze and The Dark Forest might attack us before we even have the chance to attack them!" RainPaw Said.

"But if we split up, we could cover more ground, and DoveBreeze will think we're alone and defenseless." DarkPaw Said. "But if she does attack us, we all know we are faster than her. We have to meet at the ocean when they start chasing us. She can't escape the Dark Forest, she's trap until the end of this dream!" The other cats nodded, and split up.

DarkPaw jumped on a hill to find his mentor. "MoonHeart? What are you doing here?" DarkPaw Asked. She purred and replied, "I followed you. I need to tell you something."

MoonHeart jumped on a rock and DarkPaw followed. "Do you know what it was like for me as a KittyPet to be alone with no friends?" DarkPaw stood there when MoonHeart stopped. "I knew you wouldn't understand. Nobody could. RainPaw couldn't. BlackFlame couldn't. FireVoice couldn't. RedScar couldn't. BerryWind couldn't. Even SunClaw couldn't."

Why did his mentor feel like this? He knew there was a soft creature behind those eyes. The outside, her tone, her mind, is like a wolf. But her heart and soul is like a hummingbird. "My loyalty is with my clan. But it is also within StarClan." "It doesn't seem like it, have you've been following The Warrior Code?" DarkPaw Asked. MoonHeart shook her head and said, "But I was talking to AshFur. I don't understand it, but he says this will be the only way to stop the Dark Forest's reign." DarkPaw didn't understand, but he nodded.

————

Graypaw slowly walked through the woods. This is a weird place to be.

He saw SunClaw looking down at a lake. "I knew you would be here, Graypaw." SunClaw Said with a smile. "Sometimes doing things that are wrong always bring up good things." Graypaw tilted his head. SunClaw chuckled and said, "You wouldn't understand."

Graypaw nodded. "Go now." SunClaw Said. Graypaw nodded and left his mentor behind.