Chapter 8

DarkPaw And his friends have finally awoken.

"You've been asleep for so long!" RedScar Said.

GreenTail, FireVoice, SnowVoice, BlueWing, AngelWing, WaterHeart, LeopardVine, and BlazeTooth walked inside the apprentice den. "Oh, wow! What do you guys want?" RedScar Said. "To move into the apprentice den? You'll all love it in here! There are plenty of nests and only 5 apprentices!"

You might be wondering who's the 5th apprentice. It was RedScar's apprentice. She is 17 moons old right now! Her name is BlossomPaw.

Graypaw And DarkPaw always liked RedScar's sense of humor. Most deputies Graypaw has known were serious. RedScar at least had a little bit of cheer and pride in him. BramblePaw And GreenTail growled.

"Very funny, RedScar." GreenTail said sarcastically. FireVoice took a stand. "Our clan is suffering and it's becoming leaf-bare!" He Said. "Ever Since DarkPaw, BramblePaw, RainPaw, And Graypaw have been dreaming, we've been having less food, and it might be the other clans trying to steal food from us! Our defenses have been low!"

RedScar thought of a plan. "BlueWing, AngelWing, WaterHeart, LeopardVine, you'll be going in one hunting party. GreenTail, FireVoice, SnowVoice, BlazeTooth, you'll be going on another." RedScar saw MoonHeart, FlameTail, BlackFlame, SunClaw, WindFeather, And BerryWind. "BlossomPaw." RedScar called.

The Young and beautiful cat came out. "At your service, RedScar." "I want you, MoonHeart, FlameTail, BlackFlame, SunClaw, WindFeather, And BerryWind to make defenses for our camp!" "Yes sir!"

"Do you want us to do anything?" DarkPaw Asked. He completely forgot that He used to be a KittyPet. RedScar nodded. "Do a territory security, it might be one of the other clans, or it could be DoveBreeze and her team of Rogues!" IvyLeaf and RainPaw ran outside.

"What shall WE do, RedScar?" IvyLeaf Asked. RedScar Said, "I've been noticing some of the elders, Queens, and warriors get greencough! I want you And RainPaw to gather herbs for the sick cats! Especially Melody (MoonHeart's mother), Oreo (MoonHeart's father), RapidFern (Elder), And WhisperClaw!" RainPaw growled while IvyLeaf Said, "Yes RedScar!"

DarkPaw, Graypaw, And BramblePaw ran outside.

——————————————

BlossomPaw And MoonHeart gathered leaves to tie the walls of the camp. SunClaw suddenly got pounced by a white She-Cat with golden eyes.

"SnowDawn! SunClaw!" BlossomPaw growled.

BlossomPaw pounced at the young warrior, and ripped some of SnowDawn's fur. SnowDawn yowled.

TigerStar saw in amazement. BlossomPaw threw SnowDawn to a tree. SnowDawn whimpered. "Don't ever come back!" BlossomPaw shouted. SnowDawn ran away when DarkPaw, BramblePaw, And Graypaw came back.

That was when TigerStar made an announcement.

"I, TigerStar, leader of MoonClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn. BlossomPaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

BlossomPaw jumped up and down excitedly and said, "I do."

Then TigerStar Said, "Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. BlossomPaw, from this moment on you will be known as BlossomSpark. StarClan honors your bravery, and we welcome you as a full warrior of MoonClan."

"BLOSSOMSPARK! BLOSSOMSPARK!" The whole clan shouted, RedScar the loudest of all.