Chapter 11

"Another Apprentice?" RainPaw Asked. "That'll make up for BlossomSpark finally being a warrior and Me becoming a Medicine Cat Apprentice!"

TigerStar got up and said, "Warriors Of MoonClan, you all know that all clans are in a desperate need for warriors. And one of those clans include us. So I present you with this young kit."

A small grey kit got out of the nursery and walked up to TigerStar when he spoke, "HawkKit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as HawkPaw. Your mentor will be FireVoice. I hope FireVoice will pass down all he knows on to you."

TigerStar walked up to the big silver cat with blue eyes and said, "FireVoice, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from EagleWing, now known as EagleStar, and you have shown yourself to be brave and kind. You will be the mentor of HawkPaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to HawkPaw."

FireVoice nodded and walked up to HawkPaw. He casually touched noses with HawkPaw.

——————

The next day, FireVoice, MoonHeart, FlameTail, And SunClaw walked inside the den.

"Good morning, guys! We'll teach you some battle tactics. We'll be going together!" MoonHeart Said with delight. Graypaw, BramblePaw, DarkPaw, And HawkPaw ran outside.

RainPaw came running out of the Medicine Cat Den. "What's wrong, sis?" MoonHeart Asked. "Dad... Has... Greencough... Need... Catmint." RainPaw Said in pants and came running.

"This must be the Dark Forest's wrath! Which is why we are desperate in need of warriors!" FlameTail Said, looking at HawkPaw. He nodded and ran to the lake in their territory.

HawkPaw And DarkPaw jumped up and down eager to start. Bramblepaw And Graypaw Just sat waiting.

FireVoice then came and said, "First, we'll teach you a basic move. Play dead! SunClaw will get close to one of you, it will be your goal to strike him and pin him to the ground." SunClaw gave a gulp.

HawkPaw, Bramblepaw, Graypaw, And DarkPaw went limp. SunClaw slowly stalked up behind Graypaw. When he got to his closest limit, Graypaw attacked and pinned his mentor to the ground. Bramblepaw, DarkPaw, And HawkPaw got up.

"Good job, Graypaw! I sense a great warrior in you!" SunClaw Said. Graypaw growled in joy.

"Alright next move!" FlameTail announced. "I'll try to pounce on one of you, you have to try and pounce in the exact same time, so I'll be pinned to the ground!"

After a few hours of training, TigerStar has called for an announcement.

"Cats Of MoonClan, IvyLeaf And RainPaw has taken word that there was a prophecy that was never fulfilled!" He announced. "It started back in the time of OwlStar when he still had his Warrior Name, OwlHeart."

Cats were chatting.

"OwlStar?" DarkPaw Asked MoonHeart. MoonHeart let out a low whimper and said, "OwlStar was a leader full of greed. He was the leader of ThunderClan before ThunderStar. If I... never mind."

DarkPaw became more suspicious over MoonHeart. His ears flattened and his eyes narrowed, when IvyLeaf And RainPaw told the prophecy.

"StarClan told me this one! OwlStar decoded it, And when he visited me in StarClan, he told me its meaning. There were 25 moons. In those 25 moons, any kit that was born would someday be taken over by a darkness from the Dark Forest bigger than them! They would be known as those who are the Uncontrollable Darkness." IvyLeaf announced.

"On the 26th Moon, any kit that was born would be taken over by a darkness as well, but it's weaker than them, and they work with that darkness to become strong. Most of that darkness is anxiety, negative thinking, and dark thoughts and insanity. One is like the Uncontrollable Darkness. They would be known as the Controllable Darkness!"

RainPaw then announced, "Any kit born on the 27th moon would be born to help the others with this... darkness. They would be known as The Dawn Of Darkness."

She purred and said, "All those born in those 27 moons would someday be in a big battle led by DoveBreeze, SnowDawn, SandSting, And BerryNight. They would be the remaining survivors. Their role is to protect all clans."