Chapter 3 - 15 Years Later

Miyoung's pov

"Miyoung-ah! When are you coming? Breakfast is ready!"

I sighed. It was just another typical Monday morning and I had to attend law school. I have been going to the law school for half a year now. At the start I thought that it was fun but now? No way! I'm so stressed out every single day. My professor always picks on me and gives me the most work. I'm glad that I have Granny to listen to me complaining every time when I come home.

I did my morning routine and looked at the watch. Nooo... Again? I was late again! I had to reach the subway station quickly. Since the time for the subway to reach my destination was 40 minutes, this means that I'll only have 3 minutes to eat! And I haven't even included walking time! "I'm dead!" I screamed in my head as I scrambled out of my room with my hair messily tied up in a ponytail.

I gave Granny a little peck on her cheek and said, "Granny I'll be going off now!" Granny did the usual thing and put my breakfast into my lunchbox so I can eat when I reach school. (Cuz I'm always late for school) I put on my socks and shoes and rushed to the nearest subway station, praying hard that I'll not be late again.

*Time skip to after school*

Yeah I know, I, Kim Miyoung, was almost late - I got in just minutes before my professor came in. As usual, the day was long and boring and I'm so happy that school's over!

And now I've got to go for my part-time job. Well, fees to attend a law school is a really huge amount and my law school is quite famous.

Granny is using her savings and salary (she works as a cleaner in the mall) to support me so that I can finish my course successfully. However, I know I still have to help no matter what.

I got a waitress job in a nearby small cafe and I had to take orders, serve, clean up after customers, wash the dishes. I know washing dishes is not included in my job scope but my manager told me I had to help out.

I walked to the cafe and went to my small locker in the locker room. I put down my bag and books, grabbed my waitress apron and wore it over my school uniform.

Slowly, I walked out of the room and to the cafe. "Miyoung-ah! Come here," another waitress, Sara, beckoned me to go to her, "It's your turn now, take over my shift." I heaved a long sigh. I wished that I had a better life. Mine's so boring.

Jimin's pov

Another day wasted again. I'm unemployed and I've been looking for a job since three months ago. And I've sent out countless of resumes to many companies out there but till now I have not received any response from them.

Well, it's obvious why I'm not employed:

1) I have really bad grades in middle school and high school

2) I hate working so much and basically every interview I attend, I tell the interviewers that I have no experience but I expect a really high pay. Yeah that's how to make sure they'll never want you.

Tired after the long interviews, I trudged to a small cafe nearby to get some coffee. I fished out my phone from my pocket and called for Taehyung, my best friend. I needed someone to talk to.

~To be continued~
21/12/2017

Hope you've enjoyed this so far!