Chapter 9 - Crash!

"Jimin!"

I saw Jimin lying on the cold hard road, bleeding from his forehead. His eyes were shut tight. I quickly checked for a pulse. Luckily, he was still alive but had a really weak pulse.

"Jimin-ah," I whispered and I held both his hands tightly. I looked around and saw people using their phones to record the moment and no one was helping.

I quickly shouted, "Someone call the ambulance, please! Don't just stand there and watch!" A woman went to dial for the ambulance. I knelt down and surprisingly, a single teardrop rolled down my cheek and landed on Jimin's cheek. I quickly wiped it off with my thumb.

"Wait, why am I crying? I haven't treated him as a friend yet! It must be my guilt. I shouldn't have ignored him. I should have checked on him. I shouldn't have let him go off and get knocked down by a car. It's all... my fault," I thought.

The driver of the car saw me and came out of his car and walked to me. "Sorry about your friend. I didn't see him as he was too short," he said.

What?! I admit that he was like, 185 cm tall, like he looked literally that tall, but no no no, Jimin was also tall. Trying to insult him huh? I'm going to kill you. "Hey you!" I scolded that tall man.

"What? I can't hear you up here!" he said, pretending to look for me as he scanned the surrounding. Hmph. This guy. I would have murdered him if I wasn't wearing the cafe's apron. (Mr Jung told me that if I was wearing the cafe's uniform, I should not be behaving wildly outside so that I wouldn't ruin the cafe's image)

Shortly after, an ambulance arrived and paramedics brought Jimin into the ambulance using a stretcher. Sadly, I wasn't able to accompany him to the hospital because it's still within my working hours.

"Sorry," I mumbled as I watched the ambulance carrying him further and further away.

"Ah shoot! Mr Jung!" I said to myself, realising that I've been out for too long. I quickly went back into the cafe.

*Time skip to 1 hour later*

"Okay Miyoung you can go now."
"Thanks unnie! Good luck!"
I changed shift with my senior and I left the cafe. "Wait... Which hospital was it again?" I mumbled as I scratched my head profusely, trying hard to recall what the paramedic had said earlier on.

"Ah!" I suddenly remembered it. I smiled proudly. Then I hailed for a cab and went to the hospital.

*At the hospital*

"Miss?" I went up to the counter.

Another man came into the hospital later than me but he quickly ran towards the counter before I could even reach it.

"Hi I'm looking for someone," he said with his deep husky voice. "Hey! I came first!" I couldn't stand it and shouted into his ear.

"What?" he turned around and looked at me. He looked irritated but I ignored that fact. I quickly pushed him aside.

"I'm looking for Park Jimin." We said at the same time. I stared at him angrily but confused.

"Ok, both of you are looking for the patient who came in an hour before because of a car accident, right?"

We nodded in unison. I stared at him again. What?!

"Ok, how are you related to the patient?"

"I'm his friend," we said together. I smacked him and he pinched my arm. "Stop copying me!" we both shouted at each other.

"Ok, he's currently at level 5, in room 86."

I muttered a quick "thank you" and went to take the lift. I looked behind. That same man again. "What's wrong with you? Stop following me!" I said. His face was somehow familiar.

"Aish I should be telling you that!" he said back. We alighted at the same level (surprisingly) and went in the same direction (also surprisingly).

We both opened the door at the same time. "Jimin?" we both said. "How do you know him?" I questioned. "Then how do you know him, stranger?" he asked back. This dude is seriously pissing me off.

I quickly walked up to Jimin's bed. I poked his waist. "Oi wake up," I tried to say it very calmly. "Stop scaring him, young lady!" that weird man spoke to me. I rolled my eyes. Seriously? He sounds like a freaking grandpa!

"What is going on?" I heard a soft whisper. I turned to Jimin. "You alright?" I asked, worried. "Yeah, where am I?" he continued to ask as I helped him up into a sitting position.

"You're at the hospital, Jimin-ssi. Sorry I couldn't come earlier - that idiotic boss of mine wouldn't let me leave until I finished my job," that man told Jimin. "Never mind Tae, it's ok," Jimin gave him a weak smile.

"You know him?" I asked Jimin.
"Yes, he's my friend, the friend I mentioned in the text." I turned around to face him. "Nice to meet you, I'm Kim Taehyung," he forced a fake smile and stuck out his hand for me to shake it. "Well, I'm Kim Mi Young," I said coldly. I shook his hand lightly. Suddenly he tightened his grip and gave my hand a huge squeeze.

"You bish!" I screamed at him. "What?" he said as if nothing had happened. "Haha, you guys look cute together!" Jimin laughed. I glared at him. No way would I like Taehyung!

"Anyway, how's your injury? I'm sorry I let you leave on your own and cause you to get knocked down by the car. That driver even teased you and called you short," I quickly went to Jimin's side.

"But Jiminie is short, " Taehyung pointed out, "I'm younger than Jimin but I'm taller than him." Then he let out his freaking annoying laugh. "Taehyung you-" Jimin shouted.

I looked at both Taehyung and Jimin. "Well then I'll go now, since you guys have so much to talk about," I said and grabbed my bag. "Yes, you should go now, bye!" Taehyung sarcastically said and he waved me goodbye. I rolled my eyes and started walking towards the door.

"Wait!" Jimin grabbed my arm. My heart skipped a beat. "You came here because you're worried about me, right?" he asked. I turned and looked at him. I could feel my cheeks flushing red. "Woahhhhh Jimin hyung, when did you get a girlfriend huh?" Taehyung teased us. Jimin quickly said, "No we're just friends." I kinda felt disappointed, I don't know why.

"But don't make her your girlfriend Jimin hyung, she's crazy," Taehyung said and stuck out his tongue at me. I pouted and crossed my arms.

"Anyways, I gotta go or else I'll get scolded," I mumbled to Jimin. "Ok. Bye! And thanks for coming to visit me," he gave me his eye smile. OMG I felt attacked. I felt myself blushing and quickly rubbed my cheeks. "You're welcome, I guess?" I awkwardly answered him and started running out of the room. I didn't stop until I reached the hospital's main door.

I smiled. I don't know why I feel like that when I'm with Jimin. Maybe because we're friends? I brushed the thought off and quickly headed home.

Jimin step-father's pov

I received a call about Jimin. I quickly stepped back and listened to the nurse. I wasn't able to go and see him straight away because I was still in the middle of a gang fight. I shrugged it off and continued to fight. Once we were done and the opponents were badly beaten up, I then took my own sweet time to walk to the hospital. I guess he wasn't that important to me.

I was at the hospital main door when I saw... That girl?! Who was she again-Ah yes, Miyoung, the girl whom I asked Jimin to spy on. But why was she here? She walked out before I could do anything.

I went up to Jimin's ward. "Son, you alright?" I asked. I wasn't worried about him but I was scared that I would lose my spy.
"Yes."
"Um can you go out for a while?" I asked the guy who seemed to be Jimin's friend. He nodded and left.

"Jimin?"
"Yes?"
"How is it going with you and that girl?"
"We're friends, isn't this what you want?"
"You sure?"
"Yes."
"Ok do you have any information?"
"Not yet. She ignored me for more than an hour."
"Ok, update me as soon as possible."

I smiled to myself. He was doing his job well.

~To be continued~
26/12/2017