Chapter 8 - The Text

I reached home and went to my room straight away.

After my parents' death, we went to a neighbour's house and stayed for three days. Well, it was because we had to give way to the police to investigate and find clues and stuff like that.

I told them I saw the killer's face, but the pictures of the suspects they had shown me did not have him in it.
And that's how the killer was never found.

But we went back to stay in our house after the funeral. Both Granny and I were always scared that the killer would come back to silence us so from then on, we seldom went out. (We only went out to go school or to buy necessities.)

We kept to ourselves and Granny didn't go out to find a job. We started to use our savings. However, Granny managed to secure a simple job to raise me after that.

We led our lives as usual. However, we had been seeing a particular man loitering outside our house, staring at us. Granny said that he could be the killer and didn't want me near him. We sold the house in the end and moved to another apartment. And that's my current home.

Ok back to reality.

I put down my bag and went to shower. After that I went to have dinner with Granny.

"So, Miyoung-ssi, how's your day?"

"Granny! That professor picked on me again!"

"Miyoung-ah, you have to learn to put up with him. One day, you'll be really grateful for him when you become a lawyer!"

"Ugh fine, oh and I met this guy. He's so weird. One moment he keeps screaming at me, the next, he wants to be my friend. Should I accept him as a friend?"

"Miyoung-ah, you can't trust anyone. You never know who he can be."

"But I really have no friends. Should I just make one?"

"No, you can't believe anyone else."

"Fine."

And neither of us spoke for the rest of the meal.

I went to my room. I laid on my bed and took out my phone.

Jimin: Hi are you home yet?

Jimin: Hi please answer me

Jimin: Hello?

Miyoung: What?

Jimin: OK when can we be friends?

Miyoung: Ugh why are you so desperate?

Jimin: At least tell me something about you so I can know you better.

Miyoung: You have to tell me about you first.

Jimin: Fine. I'm Park Jimin, aged 23, my only relative is my step-dad, unemployed, only have one friend (very pathetic)

Miyoung: I'm Kim Miyoung, aged 22, stays with grandmother (I only have grandmother, my parents died, and I have no relatives), goes to law school and have no friends. (if having one friend is pathetic then what am I huh)

Jimin: You're super pathetic. But you have me as a friend right?

Miyoung: Hmph. I don't know. Bye.

I switched off my phone and went to revise my work.

Jimin's pov

"Son?"