Chapter 18 - Forgiven

"...it's your stepfather!"

Miyoung shook her head in disbelief.

"Calm down, Miyoung. He isn't my stepfather... He's my friend's stepfather!" Jimin forced a smile.

"Taehyung's?" Miyoung questioned.

"No, my other friends."

"Park f*cking Jimin! You pathetic f*cking liar! You said your only friend is Taehyung!"

"Um..." Jimin stammered, looking at Miyoung nervously. Tears streamed down Miyoung cheeks as she tried to wipe them away with the back of her hand.

"No, Miyoung, it's not like this. I–I just don't know how to explain it to you!" Jimin whispered as he gripped her wrist. She instinctively flinched at the touch.

"Don't touch me, Jimin," she sniffed and went to her room.

...

Jimin screwed up big time.

Miyoung's pov

I shut the door and buried my face in my pillow. I was baffled and angry at the current situation.

I remembered the scar on the man's face. Memories of the gruesome incident came flooding in.

"It can't be..." I cried,"Jimin's step father killed my parents?! That's crazy! Does that mean..."

"I'm dating a murderer's son?!"

I punched my pillow. All my emotions came rushing to me. Confused, angry, scared... I couldn't take it.

I recalled something. Why had my parents died? Why did the killer kill my parents? Was my parents targeted since they were police? I asked myself several times before but I had never figured out. However, right now I recalled it. It was it. It must be it.

Jimin's pov

Taking in a deep breath, I knocked on the door. "Miyoung, I'm really sorry for lying to you. Please, open the door and I'll explain it all."

I heard the door clicked and instinctively pushed open the door. "Jagi!" I embraced her tightly.

"I only opened the door because I wanted to know the truth," she mumbled monotonously. I nodded and led her to her chair. I sat on the floor and looked up at her intently.

"Now speak."

"Ok..." I calmed myself down. "It all started when that gangster found out about you and ask me to get close to you to be a spy."

"That's it?"

"I'm not sure... But Miyoung, my dearest jagi, I promise you with my life that I'll help you. I'll help to find out why your parents died. After all, I'm a man,"I looked into Miyoung's eyes and gave her my cutest, mochi-est smile ever.

She broke into a grin. "Aww now I feel attacked! You'll never be a man – you will be my mochi, my one and only mochi."

I stood up and moved closer to her. Placing her hands on mine, I looked into her dreamy eyes. I inched my face closer to hers.

Without warning, I crashed my lips against her soft lips. Closing my eyes tightly, I was afraid that she would push me away. Feeling her arms wrapped around my neck, I opened my eyes a little and smirked. She was enjoying the kiss with her eyes peacefully closed. (A/N: Of course there's tt)

I admired her face. It wasn't perfect but it was enough for me. A little mole near her eye and a tiny pimple on her forehead. That was just beautiful for me.