Chapter 6 - Spy

"What is it? Be quick. I want to shower," I told him as I impatiently tapped my feet.

"I want you to spy on this person."

Jimin step-dad's pov

I told Jimin his mission. "Who?" he asked me in vexed annoyance. "This girl called Kim Mi Young." I passed the photo of her to Jimin. Well, it all started 15 years ago...

*Flashback*

15 years ago I was in debt and Mr Shin told me to kill the two officers. Yes and after I was done, I went back to Mr Shin's gambling den. "Mr Shin? I'm done with the job so I have nothing to owe you anymore," I said and was about to open the door to go out.

"No, you still owe me something..."Mr Shin stared at me and smirked. "But you promised me that you'll clear my debt for me,"I started.

"You owe me your life,"Mr Shin said as an evil smile formed on his chubby face,"Catch him!" I was immediately held down by two huge men before I could even run out.

"No, Mr Shin. Please let me live. I will do anything for you to live," I begged. Just then someone called Mr Shin. "Hello? Yes... Um not yet, after we end the call I'll kill him.. What? Ok... Wait, do you want to use him? I doubt that he will betray or double cross you because he seems like he really want to live. His life is in your hands boss. OK.. OK.. I'll tell him. OK. OK bye."

Mr Shin ended the call and looked up. He said," Well, I'll give you two choices now. Number one, you die in my hands and that's it. Number two, you come and help to work for the boss, The Hawk. But if you're caught doing something against The Hawk, you'll die even horribly."

He touched his chin and rubbed it."So which one?" he asked. Well, I don't want to die. "I'll.. I'll work...for th...the boss," I stammered, praying hard that my choice is right one. "Okay, now you belong to us. First, you'll have to get the gang's tattoo," he said while gesturing at two other gangsters to bring me to the tattoo shop...

After 2 years of being a gangster, I was finally "upgraded" to a small leader's role. It might seem like a really small position but I deal with a lot of stuff. From fighting and collecting debt to killing (if needed).

Recently I was told by the boss (The Hawk, yes, he's not dead yet) that he had tracked down the little girl who witnessed me killing her parents. Well, I was harshly reprimanded and the boss was about to kill me. However, I stopped him and told him that I would find the girl and silence her.

The Hawk had told me it was my last chance and if I wasn't able to kill her within two months, I'll be the one killed.

I wanted to kidnap her right away, but I remembered that she had seen my face before, and she definitely would recognise me. If she call the police, I'm dead meat. So I decided to ask my unemployed step-son to do the job. Yes, he'll be the spy and I'll kill her with my own hands.

*End flashback*

I said, "So, son. Do the job. Find out about her and tell me everything about her."

Jimin's pov

What?! She's... Miss Blind?! I stared into that gangster's evil beady eyes. I'm glad I got my eomma's big and beautiful sparkly eyes. OK back to reality.

What? Now I have to spy on my nemesis just for that gangster's sake. Hmph. But I would rather do this than go for interviews again and again.

"Ok, but at least tell me where she lives."

"Hey I told you to go find out, son. Do you understand instructions?"

"Fine. Be grateful and I expect $50 for every piece of information."

"Oi you trying to cheat your dad's money? You can might as well go rob a bank."

"Agree and disagree?"

"Kiddo..."

"Ok, I'll give you a discount. For every 3 pieces of information, I'll tell you an extra one for free. Deal?"

"... Fine. Where do you learn all these methods to cheat money huh, monkey!"

"From you."

Before he could say anything, I quickly took Miss Blind's picture, ran upstairs to my room and locked the door. I took a deep long breath. "Time to befriend her to get information,"I said to myself.

*Time skip to the next day*

Miyoung's pov

After school, same procedure, walking to the cafe. I'm extremely tired today because of the biased professor again and now I'm basically trudging to the cafe. Ugh. I wanna go home and sleep so badly.

I pushed open the door and went into the cafe. I was about to get to my locker when someone caught my eye. It was a man in all black. He was wearing sunglasses and a black mask. Although he was holding onto a book, I knew he wasn't reading because the book was placed upside down. *Face-palm* Haiz.

Jimin's pov

I was already in the cafe and was waiting for Miss Blind to enter. Oh she's here. Oh no she's staring at me. I tried to avoid eye contact although I had my sunglasses on. I pretended to look at my watch. Then I looked up to see where she was at now.

"Hey!" Someone touched my back.

"Ahh!"I shouted, surprised. Instantly I heard peals of laughter behind my back. "Hey..." I turned around to see... Miss Blind?

"Hey who gave you permission to touch me or scare me?"

"Then why are you wearing all black, sitting in a cafe, reading a book upside down?"

I looked at the book I used as a cover. Oops. "Still, no one gave you rights to scare me, Miss Blind!" I said angrily.

"Ugh, no fun." She went to a room behind the cafe. What?!

~To be continued~
24/12/2017

Will Miyoung be Jimin's friend? Read on to find out. Happy Christmas Eve!