Chapter 30: We'll Figure It Out

"Is that a baby?" An old woman asked as we walked by.

I smiled to her. "Yes ma'am." I said as we walked over to her porch.

"Can I see it?" She asked. She looked so sweet. I looked to Carl who nodded and got her out of the stroller.

"Her name is Judith." Carl said as they held her hand and looked at her happily.

The talked in their baby voices to her. We saw Rick talking with a woman and I smiled and waved. He nodded back to us.

Rick walked over and he grabbed Judith. "Jessie has two sons. She wants you two to go meet the oldest." He said looking to us.

"No daughters?" I asked looking at him hopeful.

"She didn't say. Go ahead and follow her and she'll take you there okay?" He said with a smile.

We nodded and headed towards the woman. "Hi I'm Jessie."

"I'm Carl." Carl said as he waved lightly.

"I'm Lyla Rose." I smiled to her.

"Nice to meet you. My son is about your age. He's just in there with his friends." She smiled as we walked inside.

"Hey I'm Ron." The boy said looking at us.

"I'm Carl." Carl said as he looked at him.

"Lyla Rose." I said simply with a smile.

He had longish hair and he was tall. "Come on in. We are here almost every day after school so you can come whenever." He said looking at us.

"You go to school?" Carl asked surprised and I was just as surprised.

"It's in a garage. We go in the afternoon and the little kids go in the morning." He explained. "Probably you guys too right?"

"I guess." I nodded looking to him.

"Guys this is Carl and Lyla Rose. Carl and Lyla Rose this is Mikey and Enid. She's from the outside too." Ron said introducing us.

"Hey." Mickey said getting up and walking to us.

"Hi." Enid said not looking up from her book.

"I'm glad there's another girl. I thought I'd be the only one." I said walking in a little looking to her. She looked familiar.

"Yeah." She nodded as she kept looking at her book. Well shit, I tried.

"Oh is this one of yours?" Carl asked as he pulled one of the comics out of his pocket.

"Yeah. We didn't know you guys got that house." Ron said with a smile.

"Yeah we mostly just hang out there and listen to music. That's Enid's." Mickey said as she took it from Carl's hand put it on the bed.

Carl looked to me questionably and we looked at the rest of the room.

"Wanna play some video games? Oh Mikey's house has a pool table, but his dad's kinda strict about it." Ron said looking at us.

"It's okay he's at work." Mikey answered looking to him.

It was weird. They hadn't dealt with things. It gave a weird vibe and I wasn't really sure what to think. Things weren't normal and they were acting as if they were. Except for Enid who didn't really look like she gave a shit no matter what.

"So you guys in?" He asked looking at us. Carl didn't say anything.

"It's a little much right now." I said quietly. Carl couldn't grasp what was going on right now.