5. Possessive Best Friend

Sometimes I feel like I am the luckiest person on earth and why not...having a wonderful family no two family, best father, two amazing maa, and most important part of my life my best friend Alex. But sometime it all feel woo because of Alex, whose behavior and over-protectiveness mode ready to ruin and dull my mode. Sometimes I feel like running from him but I know after this I miss him like anything. I don't know when he becomes the center of my life. My father is in the navy army, he has to move around countries. He is my real model, my general knowledge is strong is all because of him. In vacation when he comes home he also tells stories of his mission, not in details obviously. I am his favorite child and my baby brother he is in the boarding school of Dehradun, now in class eight. Dad is strict when it comes to discipline and rule regulation. And my bro is pampered a lot by everyone in both families because he is younger one. He is the partner in my crime. That's why he became more naughty and dramatic to get what he wants. Dad does not like his behavior so he sends him a boarding school in class six. My mom runs beauty parlor and salon. I miss my bro sometimes very bad like now, I know Alex is mad and if he wants to give me punishment than he will not let me play a video game and make me do his assignment also.

Thinking all these things I do not realize, we do not exchange a word in the car and it already halts. He stops the car and hop out and go to open the door of the house. I know he is mad now but for what. I really do not when he become angry and don't talk to me. I hop out the car and see him holding the knob of the door really hard and his knuckle has become white. With the heavy heart I stand beside him really scared, he senses my presence and opens the door wide to enter me. I go inside and he follows me. I am really scared of him and I want to run and turn my heel toward stair but I stop hearing his order.

A: Don't

And I rooted on my place but didn't have the courage to turn around and also know his next demand. I really don't like this type of situation and hide from it so I do what I always do, I closed my eyes.

A: First open your eyes and turn around.

And I obliged. Seeing me, he sighs and stalks toward me and wipe my tear and kiss my temple.

A: I hate your tears. Sorry to scare you, but you should oblige me.

I stare at him confused.

A: why you talk to him, that jay guy.

I: He was not a stranger, he is josh elder brother. And also he is not a bad guy. He is a good man, well mannered and very inte...

A: ENOUGH

He yelled at me at the very first time, he is now terrifying me and I started crying like a crybaby. I want to run to my room locking it and crying until sleep consumes me. But I know Alex It will make condition worst.

A: Why don't you try to understand it, you have to do only what I am saying always. Nothing more, Nothing less. It is hard to do that you always do opposite and now you are taking a stranger side which you met only a few hours before against your best friend.

I: I am not ta-taking ay-anyone's side, am only standing myself.

Now great, I also started stammering. He sighed and try to compose himself

A: What he said, and don't miss any point.

I tell him everything, and his expression changed in many emotions like angry and amusement.

A: I am sorry, I should not yell at you.

I hugged me and try to console me. But I only cried more.

A: umm what about ice-cream and then video game. Today I will win.

My mood immediately lights up by hearing both but I glare him because he always says the last part.

I: Yeah, I know (note the sarcasm)

A: go fresher-up till then I will arrange everything.

I: But you have to promise me, you will not do anything like this afterward. Ok?

A: I promise. Now go and come fast.

I run fast in my room, do my work fast and rush downstairs. And everything is already set-up. He informed mom will not come tonight as she had to some meeting out of the station. We immediately started playing.

I: Alex you are great but a loser. Wow...great looser should be your name.

He glares me and mouth 'i-will-win' in which I laugh like a mad man but concentrate on my game.

After 30 mins he loosed like always and I dance on my victory. But after some time I stop when I feel stare will make a hole in my back. I turn and mouthed 'what' he cleared his throat and nervously run his finger on hair.

A: I will bring ice-cream, meanwhile you choose action movie.

He brought my ice-cream and we watched a movie then we chit-chat on anything and everything.

A: you should go to bed. It's already late. I am staying here in the guest room.

I: But Alex we have to clean the mess. I will help you.

A: No need, I will do it alone. You go and rest. From tomorrow you have to focus on your academic work, no pub, and no more time pass. Am I clear?

I nodded and bided my goodnight and went upstairs. I lied on my bed, I couldn't help but recollect all the events that have happened today. And the center of all these memories is only Alex. How he started to behave possessively and sometime how he looks at me. I know he adores me so much and has become protective of me. But I don't like when he boos around me. Firstly I liked his care, protective mode for me but now sometime it scares me...something has changed but I don't know.

I feel my door had opened, I know he has come to check on me so I close my eyes and turn around not in the mood of any lecture. I feel him come near me, then duvet cover me and after some time, I feel a kiss on my head and closing the door. I smiled at his care. May be, I am overreacting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------