Joshua (Christmas Special Pt.1)

I laid on my bed, disappointed and sad. I could be at home in America in 3 days to celebrate Christmas with my family but the company did not allow me to. The group I was in had debuted 7 months ago. The 4 other members of my group suffered the same disappointment although their families were in South Korea.

"It's ok guys, we can video call our families," one of the members tried to cheer us up.

"Not me. Timezone difference and the fact that the call will be very laggy. I tried video calling them last week and the connection was shit," I reminded her.

"Wait, isn't Joshua-oppa from America too? Maybe he's staying here for Christmas as well. You can celebrate with him~" another teased with a smirk.

I took my pillow and flung it across to her. It hit her right in the face.

"Shut up. It's awkward to just ask him," I told her.

"But you have his number," she retaliated.

"Call him! Call him! Call him!" they chanted altogether.

I did not want to be alone and sad this Christmas. Along with the peer pressure to top it off, it pushed me to press the call button. It barely took him a second to answer. Damn, this boy is quick. My 4 fellow group mates sat in a line on the bed opposite mine in anticipation. We greeted each other and I tried to play it cool. However, his first line melted my inside.

"Hey uh, Joshua-oppa. I just want to uh ask if you'll be going back to America for Christmas," I asked him.

"No. The company won't allow me either," he replied.

Huh? Weird. I heard the Chinese members were going back to China for Christmas though. I chose to keep quiet about that. Before I could say anything, he spoke up again.

"You'll be in Korea this Christmas, right?" he checked.

"Yeah, I'll be pretty lonely too since I can't video call my family then..." I said to him, starting to complain.

"Oh w--well in that case, would you like to celebrate Christmas with me? Just the two of us," he asked.

My cheeks turned red. I sat up and physically celebrated. I showed the girls a thumbs up and they smiled widely and started hugging each other and quietly celebrating.

"Yeah, sure! I'd love too!" I answered, barely able to contain myself.

"Great! I'll pick you up at 6 in front of your dorm?" he asked.

"That sounds good. I'll see you then!" I chirped.

We bid each other farewell. I put the phone down and jumped about.

"He. Asked. Me. Out. OMG!" I exclaimed.

I hopped over to them and they hugged me and we had a mini celebration.

Meanwhile over at Seventeen's dorm~

"Bye~" Joshua bid Carat farewell before ending the call.

"She said yes," he told his fellow group mates who were gathered.

They punched their fists into the air and celebrated. They jumped about, screaming and patting Joshua on the back. He had not gotten the girl just yet but they were already over the moon.

"Is your family really ok with it? You missing Christmas I mean," Seungcheol asked.

"Yeah, I got to see them last year so they are ok with it. They supported me and wished me luck," he informed them.

The guys calmed down and started suggesting ideas for his special Christmas celebration.

"And then when it happens, you hold her hand."

"Yeah yeah! Then tell her something like, 'hold my hand, it's dangerous here,'" another member added.

The room erupted in cheers and claps. The dorm almost never experienced a totally silent moment.

"Am I getting the girl or is it you guys?" Joshua laughed, shaking his head at his enthusiastic juniors.