Flowers and Skulls: Chapter 45

Roxy held Julie in her arms as they both slept while the morning sun shinned into the room creating color reflections. Everything in the small, painted room was silent except for the sound of their breathing.

"Jewls, Roxy breakfast is ready!" Alex yelled cheerfully as he ran into the room happily. Shocked Roxy fell out of the comforting bed bringing Julie down with her.

"Ugh Alex I swear one of these days I'm going to shoot you!" Roxy said tiredly as she lazily stood up and helped Julie to her feet.

"You know you love me Rox Rox now hurry up before your food gets cold!" Alex danced out of the room and closed the door behind him, leaving them both alone.

To Julie's surprise Alex had made a huge feast with every type of breakfast food imaginable. Julie sat on the small wooden stool in the kitchen and gorged on her giant plate.

"Alex this is amazing but you didn't have to go through all this trouble." Julie assured him as she sipped a glass of orange juice.

"It's okay hun it was my pleasure." Alex giggled as he smiled at Julie. Alex turned his head to find Roxy fast asleep with her head on the white porcelain plate.

"Ugh I make this wonderful meal and you just fall asleep!" Alex shrieked as he watched Roxy almost fall off the stool.

"Wha-what I'm awake." Roxy said sleepily with a long yawn.

"Jeez Julie what did you do to her to make her so tired!" Alex joked.

"Ummmm nothing." Julie giggled as her cheeks turned red.

"Liar." Roxy joked as she kissed Julie's red cheeks. Roxy suddenly felt her phone buzz in her black pajama pants. She turned to the side a little so Julie would not panic and then she opened the small gadget. It was a message from an unkown number that read:

Hello Roxy. Shocked and suspicious she texted back Who is this? Trying to make sure that she didn't give out any information. Roxy's phone buzzed again.

You know the towns in an uproar since you've kidnapped your little princess and ran away. The mysterious sender replied failing to answer the question.

I said who is this! Roxy replied as she pressed the keys angrily. Julie shifted in her seat and looked at the small cell phone.

"Who are you texting?" She asked with a confused look on her face.

"Uhh Carmen." Roxy lied. She knew that telling the truth would send Julie into panic.

"Oh tell her I said hi." Julie giggled as she turned back around to continue eating. Roxy's phone buzzed again.Someone that could hurt you...or harm you. The elusive person answered. Roxy felt rage begin to boil and replied: If you do not tell me who you are I WILL hurt YOU. She looked up to see if Julie or Alex had suspected anything. But they were both eating and holding a conversation. Roxy's phone rang again and she quickly opened it. Goodbye and good luck...you'll need it. Roxy decided not to respond for her whole body had gone frozen with fear