Flowers and Skulls: Chapter 53

"Julie, Roxy time for school!" Julie's mother chimed loudly from downstairs. It was Valentine's day morning but unfortunately they had to go to school.

"Roxy wake up." Julie said sleepily as she shook Roxy's body.

"No five more minutes!" Roxy moaned in dread as she covered her face with a pillow.

"We already have three weeks detention, if we're tardy we'll get another three plus it's Valentine's Day!." Julie reminded her happily as she removed the pillow from Roxy's tight grip.

"Haha happy Valentine's day cutie." Roxy laughed as she rolled out of the bed.

"Hehe your not a morning person at all." Julie giggled as she watched Roxy scratch her tangled, short black hair.

"Really, you just figured that out?" Roxy joked as she went over to the mirror and ran her fingers through her matted hair.

"Hehe well while you try to wake up I'm going to go take a shower don't fall asleep while I'm gone!" Julie laughed as she grabbed her clothes and walked out of the room.

Julie watched the passing trees as Roxy drove down the street. Roxy was still grumpy and tired and neither spoke.

"Roxy?" Julie asked as she still watched the blurry trees pass from outside.

"Yes dear?" Roxy yawned as she tried to focus on the road.

"Promise me you won't get into trouble today." Julie begged as she turned her head to face Roxy.

"If that jackass bothers you again I swear I'll- I'll...never mind." Roxy frowned as her anger cooled to sorrow.

"Roxy why can't you just ignore him?" Julie asked as she began to frown.

"Because he thinks that he's entitled to everything because he fits the cliche look of society!" Roxy exclaimed as her anger began to boil again.

"Who cares about him we have each other...remember?" Julie reminded Roxy as she reached over to kiss her cheek.

"I remember, that's why I haven't kicked his ass yet...oh great we're here." Roxy sulked as she pulled into the school's parking lot.

When Roxy parked they both climbed out and walked towards the school, holding hands and ignoring the death glares. When they entered the school the hallways were decked out with vivid colors of red, white, and pink. Everywhere you looked there were hearts with names on them.

"Some Valentine's Day this is." Roxy joked as she ignored the crowds of teens and walked towards her locker still holding onto Julie's hand.

"Why are you going to you locker, you never use it?" Julie asked as she watched Roxy turn the dial.

"I left your present in here the other day it's-" Roxy's words got lost as she opened the locker and millions of sweetheart candies crashed to the floor.

"W-what are these." Julie questioned in fear as she bent down and picked up a pink candy and in white it read:Jane Roxy. Tears began to stream down Julie's cheeks.

"Julie I swear I didn't do this I-I would never do anything to hurt you!" Roxy tried to calm her down as she took the candy from Julie's hand and threw it on the ground. Julie began to cry more as she watched the pink heart crash to the ground.

"Hun I didn't do this I swear!" Roxy frowned as tears formed in her eyes and she wrapped her arms around Julie. The homeroom bell rang and Julie walked away without looking back.

It was late that evening and Julie laid across her bed and cried. She had been silently crying all day ever since the candies of poisoned love had streamed out of Roxy's locker. She knew Roxy wouldn't betray her but the thought that Jane would stoop so low made Julie's heart cry in pain.

Suddenly Julie heard tiny pebbles hit against her window. When she looked out the window no one was there but a tiny red box with a letter attached. Julie carefully opened the window and gently picked the two of them up. On the outside of the letter In giant red letters the note read: READ THIS FIRST!Julie carefully opened the note it read:This was suppose to be your Valentine's day gift...I had to run out to the store and buy another...I hope you like it...love, Roxy...

Julie wiped her tears and carefully opened the red box inside contained a beautiful shiny diamond ring with a note attached that read:Will you marry me?