Chapter 5

'words'=thought

"words"=dialouge

Akeno, started to walk to the back of the school, preparing herself mentally to reject whatever boy that may be confessing to her, she hated breaking their hearts, but she hated most men since all they cared about was her body and not her as a person. Unlike the current boy she had her eye on, who was an exception, she was secretly hoping that it would be him behind the school, and not some random guy or some stuck-up jock 'Yeah right, like that would ever happen' she thought with a sigh. Then, just as she rounded the corner, she closed her eyes, and took a deep breath, to prepare for the trial ahead. 

Just as Akeno had rounded the corner,  she saw the last thing that she had expected to see, there was Hideo, standing right at the place that she was supposed to go. 'No way, does he really like me? Is he going to confess to me?'  she thought, a little bewildered, but mostly happy that the shy boy that she has had her eye on is actually going to confess to her. 

"H-Hello, Akeno"

"Hi Hideo, you wanted me to meet you here, I saw the letter with the heart soooo,"

"w-wait! you got it all wrong, It's not like t-that at all, I am sorry for the misunderstanding, but it was the only letter I had left. I do w-want to ask you something though" Hideo said frantically, as he tried to clear up his blunder at using a letter that looked like he was confessing to her.

"Well, okay sure what's up?" Akeno replied, a little sad that he hadn't come to confess, but she didn't want him to know that she liked him just yet.

"w-well, I wanted to ask if you could help me so that I could become better at talking to people and help me get stronger so if one of those monsters comes out again, I will be able to do something about it, and so that I won't have as many panic attacks. I mean, every time we end up meeting, I'm always in some kind of infirmary and I get injured all the time, and I don't want to be a bother or a burden to you."

Akeno then remembered the monster that had initially almost killed Hideo because it was chasing her, and the boys that he had told her were asking about their relationship and caused him to have a panic attack. She then thought of how he might have problems like that in the future and one of those times he might actually die. She could think of only one way to really protect him from things like that happening again. "well, then it might just be better if I didn't talk to you anymore, Hideo," Akeno said with a sad tone and her hair covering her face, hiding her sadness.

"w-why would you say that Akeno?" 

"don't you see? The only reason you got attacked and nearly died, is because of me, and you wouldn't have even had that panic attack if it wasn't for me being around you. If I keep hanging around you, you will just have more panic attacks and more of those monsters will come after me and you as well." Akeno then turned and started to walk away, crying, as she walked away from the one guy that liked her for who she was and was always very kind to her and tried to help her despite his extreme shyness. She was about to go back around the corner when she felt her sleeve get pulled, she looked down to see Hideo looking down, tears on the corners of his eyes and a desperate look on his face

"u-um Akeno, please don't leave, I really don't want you to go. I-I didn't know if I was ever gonna say this b-but I-I LIKE YOU!" Hideo nervously blurted out. 

Akeno then stopped for a second and was dumbstruck, she had never expected to hear that coming from Hideo of all people, considering how shy he was. 

"A-Akeno, I-I know you may n-not like me back bu-" Hideo was stopped in the middle of his sentence when Akeno whirled around and kissed him with a large blush on her cheeks. Hideo's eyes went wide and after a moment, his mind going blank as he was overwhelmed with emotions. When they stopped making out, Hideo was wobbling red-faced and still in shock at what had just happened. Akeno was smiling and crying, but these were tears of joy. She walked up to Hideo and they embraced tenderly. Akeno whispered in his ear, "I love you Hideo, I have loved you for such a long time and this is like a dream to me right now" Hideo was even brighter red than a stop sign at this point and hugged her closer to him and shakily spoke "Then can you please promise me that you will never leave me, because I really love you too and I don't know how I could live without you anymore" They embraced for a while longer before Hideo spoke up again. 

"P-Please promise m-me that you won't leave me"

"I swear to you, I won't leave your side again," Akeno said as she nuzzled her head into the crook of his neck while holding him close to her. "I really do love you Hideo" she whispered with a smile.