Chapter 16

Shoutout to KoopaBoss12 for the story idea, I saw one of the chapters on his story and got inspired. Warning, this chapter will be Have some very heavy themes.

Hideo was walking to school alone for the past week since Akeno said that she needed to get some ORC business done. Hideo was a little sad but understood that Akeno has to manage a lot as the second in command of a group of devils who were constantly fighting or planning a fight. He just walked through the gate and went straight to class since he had been having some difficulty with the latest material and didn't want to have to repeat a year.

*Time Skip*

Hideo looked for Akeno again before eating lunch but he couldn't find her anywhere, after 15 minutes of searching, he gave up and started eating with Kojiro and tried to not let it bother him, which was evident to his brother.

"Hideo what's wrong, you look stressed"

"It's nothing really"

"I've known you for your entire life and I know when something is wrong so you might as well tell me"

"I'm just a bit worried about Akeno since I have barely seen her at all this week, she's not even in the hallway where she usually hangs out. I don't know, I am just a little concerned, I know I'm just worried about nothing since she is the strongest person I have ever met, I'm sure it's me nothing"

"Well why don't you pay her a visit after school to see how she is doing"

"Yeah but I just don't want to bother her when she is busy"

"Little brother of mine, you have a lot to learn, you're her boyfriend, you seriously think that she would be unhappy to see you?"

"Yeah your right, I'm gonna go see her after school then," Hideo said with a fist pump which just caused Kojiro to chuckle quietly.

*Akeno's POV*

Akeno was busy working out a new plan to help the peerage in case of an emergency with Rias, but it was coming along slowly, to say the least.

"Akeno, you should take a quick break, you look stressed and you will work better if you relax"

"Come on, and leave my best friend to do all the work? What kind of person do you think I am?"

Both of them worked late into the evening and school had just got out when they had finally finished their work and went their separate ways home. Akeno was walking through the hallways to surprise Hideo when she noticed a teen with silver hair and a leather jacket.

"Vali, what are you doing here?"

"I came to take care of some important business if you must know"

"And what business would that be?"

"Making you my wife"

*Hideo's POV*

Hideo was walking through the hallways, heading to the ORC building with a couple of pastries from his shop as a surprise for her since she had been working really hard these past few days, often coming home late and leaving early on a daily basis. Hideo was determined to surprise Akeno for once since she was the one constantly surprising him.

Hideo rounded the corner with a determined and happy smile when he rounded the corner with a feeling of joy and happier at getting to see his girlfriend which faded in an instant when he saw a sight that caused his heart to completely and utterly shattered. Hideo's just watched mortified as a silver-haired man with a leather jacket was making out with Akeno in the hall. Tears streamed down his face and he started shaking as he saw the love of his life, the one he loved with all of his heart, kissing another man and cheating on him. He wanted to die, Hideo quickly ran out of the hallway with tears flowing down like a river down his cheeks, he was completely destroyed. He never even thought for a moment that she would do something like that to him, he was so convinced that she loved him as much as he loved her. He was completely destroyed, he ran home and just jumped into bed and started crying into the pillow as he couldn't get the image out of his mind, Akeno and that man kissing in the hallway right in front of him, and there was nothing he could do at all, he was totally helpless.