Chapter 17

Hey guys, last 4 chapters of the book! It's been a fun ride, but don't worry, I will still be uploading new stories after this one finishes. And remember, like if you can, if we can hit 30 likes on the story I will commission an artist for a picture of Akeno and Hideo for chapter 20

*Hideo's POV*
Hideo and Akeno were recently spending lots of time together as they were recovering from the "Vali incident". A month had passed and they were starting to return to themselves again, just with a greater emotional dependence on each other.

Hideo woke up and saw Akeno sleeping soundly next to him, and just smiled and gently embraced her as to not wake her up. Hideo ended up drifting back to sleep and when he woke up, he noticed that it was 1:00 pm and that they had missed the school day. As he was still processing what had happened, Akeno sleepily rose from the bed and pulled Hideo towards her as she started to wake herself up.

"What's wrong Hideo?"

"Today was a school day, and it's 1:00 pm already"

"Oh well, now we just have a free day all to ourselves" Akeno muttered as she pulled Hideo down onto the bed with her with her head resting comfortably on top of his as they laid in bed and just relished the feeling of one another being close. Hideo didn't even try to get out of bed, he was just so comfortable being in Akeno's arms, it was the happiest feeling in the world not just for him but for Akeno as well. It was as if they were in their very own world, just the two of them, and no one who could interrupt their happiness.

*Time Skip*

Akeno has gone to school early as usual since she had ORC activities, while Hideo had overslept and was running to school as fast as his short legs could carry him.

He dashed through the main gate and up the stairs to his classroom, rushing through the entrance just before the bell rang. He stood there for a moment, panting and covered in sweat as he looked around the room and noticed two new figures with white robes in the room. One of them had Twin-tails and was talking with Issei as if they were good friends, while the other had a hood covering their face and was writing in a notebook.

Hideo took his seat as class started, he was just thinking about the recent events and how he was happy that everything has worked itself out and that things were finally starting to return to normal. After about an hour in class, they had a five-minute water break where almost the entire class left the room and the only ones left were Hideo and the hooded figure. He walked up to the figure and tried to start a conversation and be friendly to the new student.

"Hello, my name is Hideo, it is nice to meet you" the figure did not respond, they just nodded as if in acknowledgment of what he said and continued to write in their notebook. Hideo tried to start a conversation again as to not let awkward silence ensue.

"So the teacher went pretty fast huh? If you had any trouble with note taking, you can borrow mine if you want." After no response for a second time, Hideo just went back to his desk since he didn't want to be too pushy and the hooded figure just continued writing in their notebook. After a small while, the class returned and the rest of the day proceeded as normal, though throughout he entire day he always had this odd feelIng if being watched and it was giving him the creeps. He was walking over to meet Akeno at the main gate when he could swear someone was staring at him. He looked around but the hallway was completely empty. He just dismissed it as paranoia and went to meet up with Akeno.

*Akeno's POV*

Akeno was waiting at the main gate as usual and when she saw Hideo, she practically jumped on him as soon as he got close which shocked the small boy since he was exhausted from his classes and was only half-awake.