11. You're a Monster

CHAPTER 11 (UNEDITED)

Remember to vote, follow and comment!

"What You allow Is What Will Continue" - Brigitte Linford

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

-------------
Alana's POV

After I confessed everything to Nathan, I felt a lot better getting that off my chest. Like as if the guilt was off my shoulders but not entirely as I was the one who put Violet's Mom in the hospital.

There were enraged customers at the bakery and Nathan had to give them free pastries on the house. Him knowing this would make Mary mad, but he said he'll pay her back for this all.

"Nathan, I have to go home," I say as I didn't forget about my stepdad's text message. I don't want anyone else getting hurt.

He stood there like as if he was conflicting on what to say to me. He lets out a long sigh, "Let me at least come with you like I'm hanging out with you so he can't hurt you." He suggests.

"And what happens when you have to leave Nathan? Did you ever think of that?" I question him as I gulp.

"Of course I did, Alana!" He exclaims then looks down, "I'm trying here" He softly says.

I bite my bottom lip, "I'm sorry..just let me go home, I'll call you on the landline to make sure I'm fine" I assure him. I gently held his hand with mine, "Before someone else gets hurt."

When I said that I was only thinking of Nathan getting hurt or the rest of my friends. I couldn't risk that.

Nathan looks down at me and nods as he squeezes my hand back. "Fine, let me drop you off."

I nod as I grabbed my jacket from the coat rack and noticed that the sun was starting to set. I was outside, leaning against the brick wall as Nathan was locking up the store.

He looks at me and gestures me to follow him to the car, and I walk behind him as he held the car door open for me.

I giggle, "What a gentleman" I joke as I smile, trying to lighten up the mood.

Nathan chuckles softly.

Hey, at least I got him to lighten up a bit. I get into the back seat as he closes the door and I buckle up. He gets into the front seat and starts up the car then drives me to my house.

I stare out the window as my stomach tightens and twist, I felt afraid. But I calm myself down when I look at Nathan or think of my dad.

When Nathan dropped me off at my house and was waiting outside making sure I got in safely.

When I step in through the front door, my eyes widen as I see my stepdad hovering over my mom as she shakes violently.

"Leave my daughter alone!" She shouts as he then proceeds to kick her. Tears ran down her cheeks as she tries to fight back but she was too weak.

Her brown curls covering her face as she cries and her brown eyes with grey specs widen in terror as she gulps and bites back a scream of pain. Her old soft freckled skin getting covered with blood and bruises.

His dark stubbles under his chin as he growls and scowls. His hand was curled up into a fist as his knuckles were red and throbbing already. Black hair in a mess as he clenches his jaw firm just hearing what she said.

My world stopped as I saw and heard what she said, tears prick my eyes as I softly murmur, "Mom.."

They don't notice me as my stepdad barks at her, "Shut the hell up!" He slaps her across the face, leaving a red mark.

"Don't hurt my daughter! She...She means the" She stops as I saw her eyes softly closing. He continues to abuse her as he punches her as hard as he could.

My eyes widen, "Mom!" I scream as salty tears ran down my cheeks and pushed him off of her. I quickly grab something which was for me a wooden bat that I used to play baseball with when I was younger.

I swing it at him, and it hits his head making him collapse to the ground. Blood splatters across the floor as some covered the bat. I weep as I keep swinging and beating him, "How could you! Y-You're a monster! Y-You did that to Violet! To me!" All I could hear his grunts and groans.

"Alana! Stop!" I hear shouting and arms wrap around me as I let go of the bat. I sob as I curl up into his chest.

I shake as I was a mess, I'm messed up all cause of him. He made me like this, to tremble in fear of him to go crazy. "M-My Mom.." I softly say then black out.

The last thing I heard was ambulance and police sirens coming. I heard muffled voices in the background and a huge commotion coming from outside of my house.

Nathan's POV

I heard screaming coming from inside the house. "Alana!" My eyes widen as I get out of my car. I run across the street into the house. The door was left wide open.

The sight was like a scene taken out of a horror movie, an old lady on the ground surrounded by a puddle of blood as she struggles to breathe.

Alana was continually swinging and beating the crap out of a man who was groaning and in a bloody mess. I wrap my arms around her and pull her away, and she soon drops the bat causing a huge thud sound to echo.

I pull out my phone as I quickly dial 911 and talk to the dispatcher as I told her the information, she had asked.

Alana passed out in my arms, and I gently place her on the couch and cover her with a blanket. I turn to look at the elderly gasping for air, and I try to help her, but she puts her hand in the air to stop me.

"D-Don't.." She coughs up blood, "I-I deserve this.." She chuckles, but she soon winces. "Tell..A-Alana, that I'm..sorry.." Tears ran down her cheeks.

I held her old spotted hands with mine and frown, "You're gonna Tell her yourself" Ambulance, and Police sirens are soon heard outside as they barge into the house.

They take who I'm assuming was Alana's mother to the hospital and as for her stepdad, he did survive the beating he received from Alana. But the good news is the police are keeping him locked up in prison after what I told them.

Alana was rushed to the hospital to check for her health. She was alright besides tired, and her scars but they said she'll be alright.

I look down at her, laying in the infirmary bed as there was an IV in her wrist. The machine beeping and checking her heart rate. I gently held her hand with mine, "After all you've been through and yet your still smiling" I say as I chuckle and there was a sleepy smile on her face.

"Good to see you too, Nathan.." She says as she softly yawns like a kitten.

Alana's POV

"Nathan, I'm fine, I swear" I stifle a giggle as I smile up at him and I move a strand of my curl behind my ear.

He acts like he's my boyfriend. I blushed just at the thought, I-I've been thinking of him a lot lately. Geez, I don't know!

"Alright, Alright," Nathan says with a light blush of embarrassment on his cheeks.

"Aww is someone blushing?" I tease him even though I'm turning red.

Nathan turns to me as he chuckles softly then gently held my hand with his. I felt butterflies in my stomach as I look at our hands intertwining then looks at him, staring at me.

He was sitting right next to me in a chair as I look up and felt a blush rush to my cheeks.

He gently rubs his thumb against my knuckles as I couldn't help but smile. I might look like a smiling idiot when it came to him.

Nathan leans in, coming closer to me. But instead of capturing my lips, he softly kisses my cheek.

I frown as I grab him by his collar to look at me and I grin before I lean in and capture his lips. He was surprised at first but then smiles in the kiss and kisses me back.

My eyes flutter close as my arms wrap around his neck but before we could deepen the kiss, someone clears their throats.

"Are we interrupting our best friend getting her faced chewed off by the new guy?"