VIII: Welcome to the Family

September 24

"Princess!" A wad of fabric was shoved into my arms the moment I stepped foot in the host club. "Put this on." I pulled away from it to see that Tamaki was holding up a medieval style dress and a pair of flats in both hands.

"Why?" I asked, very confused as Tamaki pushed me toward the changing rooms at the back.

"Because!" He responded, eagerly handing the dress to me. "Today's theme is medieval, and you're part of the host club, so you get to dress up with us. Plus, he's about to show up, and you need to look the part." Still confused, especially after his last statement, I walked into one of the changing rooms and put the dress on. It was a beautiful blue color, and probably the nicest, softest dress I've ever put on. I stepped out of the changing room and switched out my shoes just in time to see Tamaki step out of the stall next to me, newly dressed in a fancy getup of his own. He gasped, squeezing my cheeks and gathering me in a hug.

"Kaiyo-chan, you look so cute!" Fighting my way out of his grip (gently, to spare his feelings) to avoid getting a rib broken, I turned toward the mirror on my right. To my surprise, we actually did look quite good.

"We look great, Tamaki-senpai. You picked really good costumes," I commented. He flipped his blonde hair, letting it billow in a light breeze that was coming from absolutely nowhere.

"Of course we look great, but it's not because of me. Kyouya picked out and ordered all of our costumes individually, and he always takes into account our best features when doing so." Tamaki offered me his arm playfully, and I took it, laughing as we walked back out to the main room.

"Wait." What Tamaki said had just registered in my head. "Kyouya-senpai hand picked all of our costumes? I only joined the team yesterday. There's no way these costumes got shipped overnight." Or maybe they did. I never knew with rich people. They could have a delivery jet for all I know.

"He ordered them sometime last week or the week before, maybe," Tamaki said with a wave of his hand, the time of the order clearly important to him. Before I could respond, his eyes lit up again.

"Oh! Congratulations on officially joining the team! We'll have to celebrate after all the guests leave." Before I could respond, the front doors opened in front of us and Kyouya-senpai walked in. He had his phone in his hand, and he was reading over something before looking up from the screen. The second his eyes flitted upward, Tamaki-senpai dropped my arm and cleared his throat.

"Kyouya!" He said, in an overexcited way that was too much, even for him. "Go put your costume on!" Tamaki rushed away and came back in a split-second with his outfit. From the blurry glance that I caught as Tamaki pushed him to the changing rooms, there was a blue shirt and black pants (I think). The blue color looked familiar, but I couldn't dwell on it, because the twins suddenly came bursting into the music room dragging Haruhi, Mori-senpai, and Honey-senpai with them. The latter two were already dressed in their matching outfits, looking like charming jesters.

"Go change!" The two third-years and Haruhi were hauled off to the changing room by Tamaki, who seemed to be working with the twins to assault everyone into their costumes. Hikaru and Kaoru then made their way over to me.

"Kaiyoka! You look great!" Said Hikaru, walking around me in a circle. "Except..." He trailed off, looking over at Kaoru, who nodded.

"I agree." He said. I didn't even have time to ask what they agreed upon before Kaoru reached behind me and pulled my hair out of its ponytail. He and Hikaru critiqued me for a second, matching looks on their faces that I was sure they got from their mother. They both nodded again, and then Kaoru tied half of my hair up in an elegant bun, leaving the rest of my hair to hang loose.