XIII: The Sun, The Sea, and the Host Club!

December 3

"Did he really have to bring the business here?" Haruhi asked, sending me a look. I laughed as I sat down beside her on a beach towel. After the whole debacle that was the host club trip to the 'Tropical Aqua Gardens', we decided to take it up a notch (or maybe down, depending on the perspective) and visit a real beach. Of course, everything from the buildings to the trees to the 17,001st grain of sand belonged to the Ootoris.

"We are talking about Kyouya-senpai, right?" I asked. Haruhi chuckled.

"You're right- never mind. Of course he did." We sat together on her beach towel, quietly watching as Tamaki milled through a line of girls waiting to have their romantic beach time with him. Every time Kyouya, who was mediating the process, called the next girl forward, Haruhi flinched a little bit. I found it a bit amusing- Haruhi had been denying her feelings for quite a bit of time. I had half a mind to start playing matchmaker, but the better part of me decided to leave them be and let it happen naturally. Tamaki was around her all the time anyway - it would only be a matter of time.

"Haruhi-kun, why aren't you going swimming?" I heard a voice ask from behind. Haruhi and I both turned to see three girls standing by our umbrella; the one who'd spoken at the front, and two other girls stood meekly behind her. The pair in the back looked between Haruhi and me, whispering to one another quietly.

"Oh, I just enjoy looking at the sea more." Haruhi responded, earning wide-eyed looks from the girls.

"Can we sit with you?" The one in the front asked, clasping her hands in front of her. Haruhi smiled, widening her eyes a little further and putting on that look she was famous for. I doubted it was even intentional, but I could hear the hearts of the girls bursting in their chests as Haruhi replied,

"How come? You girls should go swimming. You are wearing such nice bathing suits, after all." The girls screeched, hearts practically forming in their eyes. They ran off to the shore, looking back at Haruhi adoringly every once in a while.

"That's actually a good question," Haruhi asked, turning to me. "Why aren't you swimming? Do you not have a bathing suit?" She then stopped herself. "I mean, with the twins around, of course you do." I laughed at the truth in her point.

"I do have one on, and the twins did give it to me, but I just don't want to go in alone. The ocean only feels fun and safe when there's another person with me," I told her. Haruhi nodded understandingly, thankfully not pressing me any further. We sat together for some time, basking in the glow of the sun and talking quietly before Haruhi was dragged off by Honey-senpai to search for crabs.

Curious (and lonely, since my towel partner was stolen) I followed the pair down the beach and around a small rock face. On the sand, I watched as Honey-senpai pulled Haruhi into a squat, giggling as more and more shellfish appeared around them. My eyes widened in awe as the sand that was around Haruhi filled in about three seconds, and my eyebrows furrowed automatically as I tried to figure out what was going on.

As best I could, I slipped past the pair (and the crabs) and checked out another patch of sand hidden by an outcropping like the one Haruhi and Honey were in.. Looking around it, I saw a truck with about 20 men surrounding it, pouring shellfish near where Honey-senpai was. And of course, Kyouya was standing there with a clipboard in hand. I walked over to them, carefully avoiding the fish so not to step on anything sharp.

"Kyouya-senpai, do you ever stop working?" I asked as I approached him. He smirked, hardly turning to acknowledge me.

"Of course I do, Miss Sahni. The members of my police force simply wanted to repay Honey-senpai for what they tried to do to him. Since he wanted to hunt for shellfish, his wish was their command." It was overkill, if you asked me, but no one did, so I stayed quiet.