Chapter 29 - Clouded thoughts

- Tuesday, November 7th -

"Did you write her back?" I wave the letter in the air, telling Finnley I'm talking about the letter again. He's currently seated on a pillow in the living room, the coffee table covered with books, notes, pens and a laptop.

As soon as I found him like this, I stopped dead in my tracks and just watched him study for a couple of minutes. Damn, did I miss seeing him like this.

"No, why would I?" He doesn't even look up from the book he's scanning through right now.

"She comes across as an obsessed stalked, Finn."

"She probably is an obsessed stalker." He shrugs carelessly. How can he not care about this at all?

"She has your address," I deadpan, indicating she managed to send him letters, even after he moved out if his parental house.

"No, she has my mom's address." He puts down his pen, turning around to face me. "Charlie used to send me all my mail that still arrived at her place. Including those letters."

"And why am I not allowed to read the rest?"

"They're not important." He turns back to face his homework, breaking contact right when he tells me that, causing me to believe he's lying.

"They're not important." I frown while repeating his words, shuffling towards the couch behind him to lay down because I still get dizzy when I'm standing too long.

"Cris..." He turns around to face me again. Pushing a strain of hair away from my face. "You need a haircut." He chuckles, placing his hand on my cheek. "I promised you I would answer all your questions. But we agreed now's not the time, since you injured your head again."

"You agreed now's not the time." I mumble, staring towards his laptop, noticing he's having a WhatsApp conversation with Oliver on it, instantly causing a tad bit of jealousy. "I didn't agree, because I'm fine. They wouldn't have send me home if I wasn't fine. My parents would have never leave me here if I weren't fine."

Finnley takes in a deep breath, leaning his head on the couch close to my chest. "Okay, but only if you promise to tell me if your head's starting to hurt again. Then you need to go and sleep."

"Promised. Besides, I can't hide it, because it's definitely killing me whenever I have a headache."

"Good, you shouldn't hide it anyway." He turns back to his laptop, telling Oliver he's not able to respond for a while, closing the laptop down after sending the message. "What do you want me to clarify for you?"

"Everything." I chuckle. "Start with the beginning. How did you meet Jeff?"

"Going out with Nathan." Finnley got up from his seat on the floor, gesturing for me to sit up, pulling my head in his lap as soon as he sat down on the couch. "Nathan knew him by name, he bought us some drinks, we just talked. He seemed to be a nice guy. I guess I was too drunk to see through him."