Rebellion

Raph's eyes flickered open at the muffled screams and yells echoing around him. As his eyesight cleared, he was met with scorching sun light, blearing down upon him.
Eyes widening, Raph scrambled around, trying to make sense of his surrounding. There were multiple other seats around his own, with shattered windows upon the walls. Other mutants were trampling over eachover in an attempt to get out of a hole nearby...wait..
"HEY KID!" A gruff voice bellowed from above him over the ruckus of the others. Looking up, Raph made eyes contact with a brooding man, who's mouth was covered with a balaclava, a giant gun hoisted up in his arms. "GET UP! WE NEED TO LEAVE, NOW!" Before Raph had the chance to reply, he was pinched from his seat, slung over the man's shoulders as his abductor evacuated the train, trekking through the sand.
Looking back at the reck, Raph pocked the man to draw his attention.
"What's going on?" He asked innocently as the man leapt onto a motorbike, revving the engine before taking off. Raph clung to his back, mind spinning as he clawed around for answers.

"The names Slash. I'm past of the rebellion against TCRI. My companions and I were patrolling near the cliffs when we caught sight of your train heading to another country. So we drove into it, which is why most of you were unconscious when we found you." Raph stared at Slash incredulously.
"YOU CRASHED OUR TRAIN? WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?" He demanding, blinking sand from his eyes.
"Listen kid, it was either that, or we left you to survive on your own in a foreign country."
Raph froze, memories of the the past night hurtling around his mind.
"I have to go back..." He murmured, staring at the empty desert behind them.
"What was that?" Slash inquired, squinting as the wind picked up, hurling sand towards them.
"TURN THIS THING AROUND! I NEED TO GO BACK! MY FAMILY-"
"YOUR FAMILY'S GONE KID." Slash yelled over the engine. "THEY'RE EITHER ALONE IN YOUR ORIGINAL COUNTRY, FACING A SIMILAR FATE TO YOU, OR THEY'RE DEAD!" Raph's heart pounded in his chest as Slash's words sunk in. The last thing he remembered was Leo's unconscious body being dragged away for execution.

"No..." He muttered. "You're wrong..."

"Am I?" Slash grumbled. Despite his doubt, Raph couldn't deny the possibility of what this man was saying. Tears slipped from his eyes, progressing into torrents as he shuddered softly, craving the presence of his brothers, his father...Leo...

The engine suddenly stopped, drawing Raph's attention to a nearby camp consisting of many tents, benches and a roaring fire.
"Welcome to the rebellion kid." Slash helped Raph off of the bike, leading him towards the camp. "All of us here are mutants. Driven from our homes and families. Most of us were able to escape TCRI's clutches." Slash took a seat by the flickering flames of the fire, watching as the sun set. Raph hadn't realised he'd been on the train so long.
"There are rebellions scattered across the entire country, all fighting for the same thing:to be accepted, respected...and reunited with our families. You, kid, are gonna make a useful addition to our rebellion. Our only rule: never show fear.Welcome to your new family."