Chapter 39

It's a couple hours later. I get a phone call from Diego.

"Hello, baby," I slur. "Where are you babygirl?" "I'm with Madison," I say. She laughs and I do too. "Where are you?" "Um," I look around. "I don't know," I say and laugh. "Fuck," I hear him mumble. "I'll be there in a few minutes." "Okay, bye daddy," I say while smiling.

I grab my cup and drink the rest of my drink. "L-let's go get more," I slur. Madison nods. She almost falls over. She sits on the ground and I do too. We both start laughing. "Let's wait a few minutes," Madison says.

Diego walks in the bedroom that Madison and I are in. "Hey, babygirl," he says calmly. He grabs my hand. "Come on. Let's go." "Why?" I pout. "Because you're really drunk." "I am not," I slur. "Please, babygirl." I sigh. "Only if Madison comes." "Madison is going with. I was going to help you up first." He helps me up then Madison.

Diego brings Madison to Jack. "Thanks man," he says and they do a handshake. "Aye, I'll see you later bro," Diego says before we leave.

•••

We get to Diego's apartment and I break down.

"What's wrong babygirl?" He asks softly. "Why do your fans hate me?" I ask him. "Why would you say that?" I show him the texts from Elisabeth a couple weeks ago.

"Hey, babygirl. It's okay. Don't listen to them. They're jealous." He hugs me. "I'm sorry. I'm just really drunk right now," I say into his chest. "It's okay, babygirl. I'll always be here for you no matter what." "I love you," I say to him. "I love you too," he says and kisses my head.

I look at him. "Did I ever tell you how cute your lisp is?" He smiles. "Stop, babygirl." "See." He blushes and I kiss his cheek.

We pull apart and he picks me up. "Let's go to bed," he says while walking to his room.

He helps me change and then we lay down. "Goodnight, babygirl." "Goodnight, boo."

•••

I wake up in the middle of the night to puke.

I run to the bathroom and quickly open the toilet. I puke and I hear Diego walk in. He holds my hair and rubs my back. "Fuck," I mumble.

I flush the toilet and wipe my mouth with a tissue. I rinse my mouth out with water then I brush my teeth.

I turn around to face Diego. "Thank you." He smiles. "Are you okay?" He asks and I nod.

We go back to his room and lay down. I lay my head on his chest and he plays with my hair. I close my eyes and slowly fall asleep.