Chapter 79

My dad gets home. "Hey, dad," I say. He smiles and hugs me. "Hey, beautiful." He says hi to my mom and I go upstairs.

I walk in my room and Diego's up. He smiles. "Where's your bathroom?" He asks. "Down the hall and to the right." He nods and kisses me before he walks out.

Diego comes back and we go downstairs.

My dad is in the kitchen with my mom. "Hey dad," I say to get his attention. He turns around looks Diego up and down but his facial expression doesn't change. "Nice to meet you Mr. Tihan," Diego says sticking his hand out. He shakes it. My mom watches from the stove. "Nice to meet you Diego," my dad says.

We all sit down at the dining room table and start eating. "What are your intentions for my daughter?" My dad asks. Diego looks at me. "Well, I'd like to get to know her a lot better, which might be hard with the long distance thing but I think we can do it. I can come and see her whenever though," he says. "Where do you live?" My dad asks. "I live in Los Angeles in an apartment by myself." My dad nods. "What made you ask her to date you?" Diego smiles. "Your daughter is gorgeous first off. She is the sweetest and most caring person I've ever met. And I love and care about her too," Diego says not looking away from me. I blush and look down while smiling.

Diego grabs my hand under the table. "Okay," my dad says. "I can tell you two really like each other so I'm fine with him," my dad says to me. Diego squeezes my hand. "Um, can I speak to you about something in private?" Diego asks my dad. My dad nods and stands up. Diego stands up also. He looks back at me and winks before following him.

I look at my mom. She's already looking at me confused.