Chapter Six

As the four of us head inside Isla as the waitress escorts us to our table. Andi of course takes a seat right next to Adam who pulls the chair out for her. I stare at him disgusted at the way he way trying to play the gentleman. Thinking a of way to outdo him, I pass Andi her menu making sure she doesn't go home with Adam after dinner. The waitress walks over to our table taking out a pen and opening her notebook pad as she gets ready to take our orders.

"Can I start you out on some appetizers?" The waitress asks.

"No, we're fine." Adam answers.

"How about something to drink?" She asks.

"Two miller lites please." Adam says.

"Okay and for you two?" She asks staring at James and I.

"Water." The two of us say simultaneously.

Placing the pen and notebook back inside her apron she walks away to the counter to get our order of drinks. The four of us sit in our seats without making a sound. Five minutes later, the waitress returns with our drinks and places it on the table. Passing Andi her napkin, Adam slams his beer on the table as everyone watches from their seat. Suddenly I wasn't so hungry and I gently lay my glass on the table. I walk up to him and stare him right in the face.

"What's your problem man?" I ask Adam.

"Remember, you would not want to start off on the wrong foot with me." He answers.

The waitress then comes out separating the two of us before things got out of hand.

"Hey you two, I know jujitsu!" She yells
Before she takes our orders James stands up gently placing his glass on the table. Andi then, stands up from her seat grabbing her purse.

"While you two figure this out, I'm going to use the ladies room." Andi says upsettingly.

"You know what miss? We will just leave. I apologize for the trouble." James says.

James and I exit the restaurant leaving the money on the table. Staring into Adam's eyes I could see he was feeling jealous. Power walking out of the restaurant, James and I enter the car. Sitting in the passenger's seat, I can see Adam entering his nice 2014 silver Bugatti. Giving James a nudge, he looks at Adam slamming his door shut. James starts his car and backs out of the plaza entering the road. Starting his car, we can hear the wheels of Adam's Bugatti slowly closing in behind us. The road was full of traffic as the cars begin clumping together. James abruptly steps on on the brakes as we could see Adam speeding right behind us. James abruptly starts his car going ninety miles per hour, honking his horn for cars get to out of the way. Adam pulls out a gun rolling down his window and taking aim. He starts opening fire as James and I duck for cover. As the bullets were breaking through the rear view window, James slightly takes a left at a stoplight. The bullets stop for a moment as we reached another wave of traffic. Gazing around our surroundings, I witness pedestrians recording the car chase with their phones.

"I think we lost him." I say letting out a sigh of relief.

"Why was he angry at you?" James asks.

"I'm telling you think it's because he wants Andi to himself and sees me as competition." I reply.

"So in other words...." James says.

"He wants to sleep with her." I cut him off.

James starts feeling nervous, clutching the steering wheel as Adam takes the same left turn ramming through cars sitting through the crowded road. Gandering at James I nudge at him as what started out as just dinner with a friend turned into a Fast and Furious movie. Wanting to be part of a car chase scene had been my lifelong dream. Luckily we already dropped James's brother Alex, off at the house. Speeding behind us, Adam's bugatti continues ramming through the crowded cars.