Chapter Twenty

The following morning I wake up and eat breakfast. My parents decide to take a day off and stay home to relax. There is a knock on the condo door as I glance at my parents wondering who can be knocking at the door. I start walking towards the door hoping it's no one suspicious. I reach for the doorknob and turn the handle. Sweat begin dripping down my face as I prepare to defend myself. Opening the door, no one is there. Weird, who knocks on the door, at 10am in the morning? No one is in the hallway but, when I look on the ground as see a white envelope and a package just lying there.

"To Tristan. From Gabriel?" I say to myself reading the address on top.

"What is that?" My dad asks.

"It's a letter and a package for me." I answer.

This guy really likes to show his appreciation towards people. I tear open the envelope and it is a 3 page letter with a CD folded inside of it. The first page reads "PLEASE PLAY THE SONG "THIS IS LIVING" BY HILLSONG YOUNG AND FREE." The next two pages were the letter. So I decide to follow Gabriel instructions. Turning on the speakers I blast the song while reading the letter silently to myself. It reads:

Dear Tristan,

If you don't know who this is yet, It's me Gabriel. I wanted to personally thank the two of you for sacrificing your time to help those in need. In fact, I've been receiving updates from the people you saved. I know these incidents because I was there watching the whole time. I'm sorry if I never told you. The family at Walgreens that you saved during hostage situation are doing well. Their daughters made the cheerleading team and are on Varsity. The African American couple are married now and they are living happily in downtown Chicago by the lake. They are expecting their first child in December. Gina's father is eating healthier and is taking care of his body more often. Gina herself is actually trying out for The Voice next year so be sure to watch her on television. Other than that, Denny's made her the official singer in their commercials. The homeless guy found shelter and a job volunteering at our church. The girl you met in the hospital, well her father is alive and well. He's cured of cancer after getting surgery. Ned and Diana are still happily married. They have been going to a couple's counselor and getting on the right track. James has told me about your finding a girlfriend troubles and I sent a letter to girls all over the country mentioning you. Just wait Tristan there's someone out there for you. Let God work. Before I forget there's a package I sent you. It might come in handy when facing off against the underworld.

Sincerely,

Gabriel

I glance at the package for a couple minutes as I start to wonder what it could be inside.. Quickly I grab a pair of scissors from the counter drawer, slicing the box open. It looks empty as there is no bubble wrap nor those white styrofoam pills. It just looks like an empty box. Confused, I stick my head in the box to make sure Gabriel wasn't playing a prank on me. Suddenly, KABLAM! I get blasted with confetti in my face. It spreads on the floor as a piece of it gets stuck in my hair. I look around the room only to find the living room a complete mess.

"What kind of surprise is this?" I ask myself.

I look inside the box only to find a Playstation Portable. I glance at the handheld game console and wonder how this can help me in battling the underworld. I look inside the box and find a white piece of paper. There seems to be some writing on the front. It read:

Dear Tristan.

It seems you've found the pen I'm giving to you. I have created your Dreamers on it. Using this will be like you're playing a video game. In doing so, you won't just be sitting on the sidelines. I hope you enjoy. Before I forget, something is happening at Deerfield Square later today. Make sure you're there.

PS If you found confetti popping out of the box and are not laughing then you have no sense of humor.

Sincerely,

Gabriel

I glance at the Playstation Portable wondering if Gabriel is pulling my leg. Wanting to test it, I'm interrupted by my mom. I place the pen in my knapsack hoping to try it out in Deerfield Square. Speaking of Deerfield Square, I'm guessing whatever is happening there, has something to do with James and his girlfriend he met of CDFF. The reason my mom interrupted me was because I had to set the table for lunch. I can smell the fried eggs and hot dogs as I'm placing the plates on the table. The food is already on the table and we all start to dig in. As a side dish we have homemade chipotle rice. It's different from the rice they actually have at Chipotle, but it works. I eat my food quickly as I'm in a hurry to get to Deerfield Square. I mean Gabriel did say it was important. I hope to get there early so it's not so crowded.

"Slow down Tristan. Why are you in such a hurry?" My dad asks.

"Something is happening at Deerfield Square." I say as I take the last bite of rice.

I grab my plate rushing over to the sink. Turning on the water, I pour soap on the sponge and start scrubbing my utensils. Halfway through washing, my parents dump more dishes on me to wash. Man, I know this is my day off, but it feels like I'm at work. It's 12:30 pm and I'm down to my last pot. I grabbing steel wool as the charcoal is stuck at the bottom. Adding hot water, I rapidly scrub the bottom of the pot. Thankfully, the charcoal is coming off and I can now rinse the pot. I place it under the hot water as the soap drips off. I place the pot on the stove to air dry.

"Finally! I'm finished." I say to myself.

It's a good thing I'm already dressed to go. I put on my shoes and head for the door.

"I'm going now!" I yell as I open the door.

"Where are you going?" My mom asks.

"To Deerfield Square" I answer.

I shut the door and head towards the stairs. I didn't feel like taking the elevator because wanted get the exercise. Entering the staircase I start to reflect on my love life. I realize that everywhere I went whether it be in college or high school, I've fallen for girls out of my league. I then, begin thinking of the brunette lavender haired girl. I finally reach, the bottom of the stairwell. Exiting the complex, I breathe in the gorgeous smell of sunflowers. The sun, shines bright yellow as trees are swaying back and forth. Leaves are falling on the ground as it seems like fall is about to start. Across the sidewalk, I see someone very familiar. I inch closer and closer. My eyes widen as I realize who it is. I decide to walk towards her.

"Hey!" I yell.

When I reach to the point where she is standing, she disappears. I look around my complex and see nothing but kids playing by the swings and an old man doing yoga on the basketball court. I keep wondering how she can disappearing at her will. My face saddens as I didn't even get to ask her name. I then see a piece of paper on the ground. It is a message that reads "Beware of Skulls."

"Beware of Skulls?" I say to myself.

I place the message in my wallet and head towards the walkway connecting to the road. After taking the first two steps, I take my wallet, out so I can reread the warning. Skulls are weird after all. Out of the blue, I get another vision but, it only lasts a second. It showed the brunette haired girl closing her eyes and leaning over for a kiss. This seems to be the theme of her and I so far. I wonder if that vision won't have her disappearing? I place the note back in my wallet and continue to walk towards Deerfield Square.

"Can't wait to see you again soon too." I say to myself with a smirk on my face.