Chapter Two

Waking up early in the next morning I turn on my chromebook to do more research about God and why James has these mysterious abilities. Hours passed and I finally see a website out of the blue. Clicking on the link, it sends me to a mysterious website. On the site, there's a picture of James on the home webpage.  I had a sense of curiosity as my eyes widen with shock as I grab my phone calling James. The phone rings as the call goes straight to voicemail.

"Hi you've reached James Wise. I'm not here right now so please leave a message after the beep."

"Hey man it's Tristan. We need to talk this afternoon and no it can't wait until Sunday. Call me back bye."

Hanging up the phone I glance at the homepage for numerous hours, trying to put my finger on it. I thought to myself as to why was James's picture was on this mysterious site? Around 4pm James text's me back and asks to meet at Walgreens. I then put on my hoodie, with my keys already in hand head out the door to my condo. As I exit the complex I start heading for Deerfield Plaza. The walk didn't take me long as it was just a 15 minute walk. My phone then starts buzzing. Taking out my iPhone I see that James is calling.

"Hi. I'm here at Walgreens. Where are you?"

"I'll be there in 5 minutes."

James was a very interesting person. I felt like I've known him all my life. He doesn't live very far from the Walgreens in Deerfield. He lives with him mom, dad, little brother, and uncle. His sister is married and lives in Vernon Hills with her husband and two daughters. James works at Deerfield Treasury for a living and has strong relationship with Jesus. Before, when we were in high school, he smoked a lot and listened to rappers like Tupac and Bone Thugs N' Harmony. He even did things that were illegal. As we got older, he matured and started to listen to God. It was as though God's been calling him to help spread the word of the Lord.

I finally had reached Walgreens and see James standing at the entry way. I wave to him and we do our our usual handshake.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"So what is it you wanted to show me that couldn't wait until prison packing Sunday?" James asks.

I let out big sigh and pull out my phone. Luckily, I had the website pulled up this morning before I left. Pulling out my phone I show James the front page of the website.

"Here." I say handing James my phone.

James glances at my phone and looks puzzled. The expression on his face is the one he makes every time I say something that doesn't makes sense.

"I don't know how this came about, I wasn't told anything about this." He says.

"You sure?" I ask.

"I'm positive." He answers.

"Well anyways are you going to buy something?" I ask.

"Yes. I have to buy a gallon of milk for the house." He answers

We head inside Walgreens and walk towards the dairy section. The store was packed as it was time for holiday shopping. Everyone was already buying Christmas decorations for their houses. In an aisle by the decorations, I see a family of four looking at one of the Christmas ornaments. They had two daughters; one who was 16 years old and the other in 5th grade. James already got his gallon of milk and we were already at the cash register.

"Are you getting anything?" James asks.

"No." I answer.

I then, grabbed a bag of Cheetos and placed it by one of the items. From the corner of James's eye, he can see that one of the customers was acting really suspicious by the photo booth. I look at James wondering if he's okay as I look in his direction to see what was going. At the photo booth one of the customer's head was shaved and he was wearing military clothes. His nationality was hispanic. He was wearing combat boots that were black and from the looks of it, would able to to breakdown the door of Walgreens. The military man and two of the employees seemed to be best friends. The two employees were slightly dark skin. The one on the left had hair as long as Fabio and the employee on the right had cornrows at the back of his head.