Ch 19. Obey or Die

"We have to go back! Now!" Dream pushed himself up with his wand and shoved his brother with his boot in the shoulder. "What? Where? Why?" Nightmare looked up at him and twitched. "THEY ARE GOING TO KILL CROSS! COME ON!" Dream touched his older brother's skull and they were both teleported to the Star Sanses' fortress. "What about Ink? Is he okay?" Nightmare asked. "NO! COME ON! NO ONE IS SAFE!" "O-okay!" Nightmare followed him up the practically endless stairs up to the main area where the rooms were. "Frisk? Frisk?!" Dream yelled. "H-huh...?" The little human was curled up in a protective ball on the floor just outside Blueberry's room. "Are you okay?! Where's Cross?!" "I-in there..." Frisk pointed to the open door which was full of scratches now. "Get to another safe AU. We need to stop them from fighting!" Dream pulled his friend up and she teleported away. Nightmare looked around the colorful brick painted room. "Fighting?" Dream stared at him. "This is your fault." He turned and ran through the door. "...Yeah... It... It is..."

  "YOU CANNOT GET YOUR AU BACK BY KILLING ME! THEY ARE PLAYING A TRICK ON YOU, CROSS!" The glitchy voice reminded Cross of Chara. "No... They aren't. Nightmare... He promised. "What about Dream, then?! He'll never like you. He'll never like you or his OWN BROTHER! BECAUSE OF YOU!" Cross spun around to face the clouds. Dream would never love him... He'd... Always hate him. He felt weak. He wasn't needed in the Multiverse. Not here. Not anywhere. He had no purpose now. "Then I'll leave here. Forever. I'll never come back." Error stopped and stared. "You what, ugly other me?" "I'LL LEAVE HERE FOREVER AND I'LL NEVER COME BACK!" The giant blade spun around him in flashes of lightning, making Error frightenedly back up. Then it was gone. It was all gone. The blade... The lightning... Cross...

                                                                                 And the pain.

  "Are you okay, Ink?!" Dream helped him up from his pathetic position on the floor. "I'm fine. I can walk. They're on the balcony-" There was a flash of red light outside the window, and the curtain was almost pushed off the window. Dream let go of his friend and ran to the door, opened it, and looked to where the flash was. "Error...? Cross...?" Behind him, there was a step. Dream looked up to find the glitchy Sans staring blankly down at a part in the brick that had been cut open and was black. "What happened?! Where is Cross?!" Error stayed silent. "WHERE DID HE GO, GLITCH?!" "...He's gone..."

  "Nightmare. Report to Epictale. I need to talk with you." Nightmare teleported with a purple fire surrounding him. When it disappeared, he looked up to find the gaster blaster that was practically drowning in the black substance that his evil form was made of. "Y-yes?" "What is this disgusting form you're proceeding to be in? A weaker form? Go back to that other one that looks like the formula I was made of." "But-" "NOW." The blackness floated around Nightmare until his whole body was surrounded in it, then it soaked into his and his tentacles appeared. "Better. This is better. Now, about that horrid creature you call a brother," growling the deep voice. Nightmare flinched. "What about him?" "I need you to do a simple favor for me, Nightmare Sans." "Anything, my lord." "Anything. Heheheh. Okay, I need you to get rid of him. He's disturbed you too much and he's getting in the way of my plans. I did want to make him suffer before, but now, I need him gone since he can get to your soul. The... Hm... Apple." "K-kill him... I-I'm sure there's another way, my lord, I mean you should be perfectly well enough to-" "I SAID KILL HIM!" Nightmare, stunned by this, looked away with his one powerful blue eye. Kill... Dream... But... He couldn't. Even in this form, he couldn't. He wouldn't dare. "But-" "You're last chance, stop this studdering and go!" "I can't-" "NIGHTMARE SANS." "I CAN'T KILL MY OWN BROTHER!" "Obey. Or die," it said in it's dark voice. "KILL ME THEN! THIS USELESS VERSE IS NOTHING TO ME ANYWAY!" Weakened so harshly and much, Nightmare entered his prince form again and kneeled. He was crying now. "I can't kill Dream."