Ch 18. The Same

Nightmare stood at the edge of the Multiverse, aware that he could fall at any time. Nothing could stop Cross now. He knew that. But in some way, it didn't feel right. He felt like Error now. He felt like a selfish, frustrated... Beast... He needed to do something about this. He needed to stop Cross from killing Error - if it wasn't done already. He let and a sigh, staring blankly into the abyss. No longer wanting to kill the "glitch", he flicked the black goop from a tentacle and turned to his prince form. A pure golden crown was hung around his skull, which was now snow white, had arches into a golden plate. On it was held a glowing moon, marking his royal bones. He usually wore a cape, which was on now, but he lifted his arms and grabbed the fabric, pulling the button out and then shook it off. His boots held golden laces, the boots themselves midnight black. His shorts and shirt were black too, the top velvet. Sapphire dark blue shoulder plates were neatly attached to it. Prince Nightmare. Prince of Dreamtale - but not anymore! Mr. Error Sans coming in, look out below! "Bro? Are you okay?" Dream's voice suddenly shocked him, but he kept his back turned, steadying his gaze at the dark void.

  The only things Dream could think to say to his brother were 'Are you okay?' or 'What's wrong?' Dang it, sweet harmless voice of mine! he thought. He noticed that Nightmare had his feet hanging off the last AU in the Multiverse... Or now, just a few floating islands that used to be Dreamtale and a bunch of others from different AU's Error had destroyed. Instead of saying anything to Nightmare, Dream sat down next to his brother and folded his cape onto his lap. He stared down at the darkness of the unknown void. "You know, Ink said... Th-that he saw... D- Him... Fall in here a-and... He couldn't save them one they had touched the ground in there." Dream sighed and put a gloved hand on his brother's shoulder to comfort him. He didn't need bad memories getting to Nightmare now. He was too fragile in his prince form. "Dream?" "Yeah, bro?" "Where is Cross?" Oh no. Dream had had completely forgotten about him after wanting to comfort Nightmare. "Attacking Error. We... What do we do...?"