Chapter 2

[2]

I sat in the waiting room on my own, waiting for any sign of how she was doing, for all I knew she could've already died.

I closed my eyes really tightly and shook my head, trying to erase any thought of her not being here anymore.

I opened my eyes again and went onto my phone with the intentions of calling Michael to see how long he would be. Instead, I stumbled across my lock screen. It was a photo of us, we were both laughing and she had dimples; that only come when she's truly happy. She was also covering her face with her hands because apparently she looked terrible. But to me she looked as beautiful as always, if not more.

"Hey mate." I heard Michael sigh as he sat in the chair next to me. "Hi." I responded as I slowly closed my phone and put it back in my right pocket.

"Have you heard any news yet?" He asked. I finally got the courage to look at him. "No." I whispered as I quickly looked away, not wanting him to see how hurt I actually was feeling.

"Ashton and Luke are on their way, I'm not sure how long they are going to be though." He said. I nodded in response.

"Mr Hood?" I heard a man say. I snapped my head towards him; he looked around 50 and had a beard. I got off the chair and walked towards him. "That's me." I said as I stood there in front of the man.

"I have some good news and some bad news." He said. I nodded for him to go on.

"She survived." He said smiling. "A wide grin spread across my face. "When can I see her?" I asked, wanting to see her and say sorry for being such an idiot.

"You can see her now but there's also some bad news." He said as his smiled faded into sorrow. "What?" I asked, impatient.

"Delilah woke up with amnesia, she's forgotten some things, but I think you can help her get back on track, there's a chance she might remember." He said as he patted me on the back.

"She what?" I almost yelled. "Its fine, you can help her remember why she's here." He said as he led me to her room.

I nodded; I just hoped that she was fine.

The doctor left me to be alone with her, I walked in slowly and she was looking in the opposite direction of where I was. "Del?" I asked as I walked in, she instantly snapped her head towards me.

"I'm so sorry Del." I said as I rushed towards her and engulfed her into a hug.

"You'll be okay, we can do this." I said as I released from the hug. Her blue eyes looked scared.

She just looked at me and didn't move, she was frozen. "It's okay Del, you will be fine." I said as I came towards her again.

"Who are you?" She asked in between sobs.

"You know me silly! I'm your Cal and you're my Del." I said as I could feel tears forming in my eyes.

"I'm sorry but I don't remember you. I've never seen you in my life" She said as she started shaking.

"Del." I whispered as I reached out to her.

"Please leave.. Doctor!" She screamed. "No no no, don't be silly you know me!" I said as I tried to convince myself and her that she knew me.

"Doctor!!!!" She yelled again. The doctor from earlier came running in and told me to leave. After I put up a fight I finally agreed to stand outside and listen.

"Who was that boy?" She asked. "Now Delilah there's something you should know. You were in a car accident and that's how you got here. You were unconscious and now that you are awake and have been examined we have come to the conclusion that you have woken up with amnesia." He said softly.

"How old am I?" She whispered. "You are 19." He answered. "The last time I remember I was turning 17." She said as she started crying again.

That's when I decided to leave, I couldn't handle this. How could my Del not know who I am, after all we have been through? I thought that maybe if I left her for a few hours then maybe she would remember and everything would be back to normal.

But in the back of my mind I knew that she would continue to forget about me, it's what I deserve.