Chapter 9

[9]

*Delilah’s pov*

I walked into Michael’s apartment, it was a lot different to what I had expected, it was relatively neat.

“Well I have to go to work really quickly so I hope that you’re fine on your own, call me if you need anything the phone number will be on the fridge. By the way make yourself at home!” He called out before leaving the apartment.

I nodded to myself; I went to where Michael told me was the spare room. It had plain white walls and an ugly, yellow bed spread but who was I to complain?

I decided to take a quick shower since at the hospital I didn’t take many because public showers are gross.

I washed myself all over before heading out of the shower. I then wrapped a towel around myself and walked into the hallway to be faced with a rather tall, blonde guy.

“Well, hi um who are you?” I asked, Michael never told me that someone would be here, his lucky that I remembered my towel for the first time in a million years and that I didn’t have to do a naked run from the bathroom to my room.

“I’m Luke… I live here with Michael.” The blonde boy who I now know as Luke answered.

“Oh, um. I’m going to go get dressed. I’ll be right back.” I answered with an awkward laugh before running off to my room.

Once I closed the door to my room I felt myself becoming dizzy, so many questions in such little time.

I decided to do the smart thing and to try and forget those questions and to get dressed into some sweats and a hoodie.

I walked back out into the hallway, Luke wasn’t in sight. I then went to the kitchen where I found him eating cookies.

“Wanna cookie?” He offered. I shook my head “No thanks.”

“So, Luke. Did I know you before my accident or are we both meeting each other for the first time?” I asked with a nervous chuckle.

I didn’t want any more people claiming that they knew me and that I knew them when I have never even seen their face before, it was scary.

How much do they know about me? What have I told them? What kind of person was I around them? Was I putting on a fake persona which is now becoming revealed?

“Well yeah we did know each other, but out of our group I was probably the one you interacted with the least. You talked to Calum because well, you two were in love. You and Michael were best friends since literally birth. You and Ashton just had a great connection, friendly of course. And me, well you never really talked to me. Like we talked but it always seemed forced, ya know?” He said which kinda hurt; Luke seemed like a lovely guy.

“I’m sorry if I didn’t put in much of an effort, you are a great guy Luke.” I replied with a small smile.

“Oh don’t worry, it wasn’t your fault. We just didn’t have a special connection; we still talked and joked just not like the others.” He replied as he ate another cookie.

“Just not like the others.” I repeated softly.

(a.n)- Poor Luke :( This is really overdue but I had a serious case of writers block for this fanfic! I have two new fanfics 'mixtape 94' and 'i hate you' which you guys should maybe check out, it would mean alot! xx