Chapter Thirteen

AN: I don't do these often, but hey guys. It's December 30 (insane, right!?) But I am EIGHT (8) FOLLOWERS AWAY FROM MY NEXT HUNDRED AND IT'D BE HELLA COOL IF I GOT THERE FOR THE NEW YEAR. THANKS, AND HAPPY NEW YEARS. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH 🤓🤓🤓

Leo

Everyone freaked out when Percy had been gone for multiple days.

Well, almost everyone.

"He's your boyfriend!" It was the first time somebody got on Nico about it. "are you not worried about it? Because if so, you're a shitty boyfriend."

"Wow, thanks." He responded. "Of course, I'm worried. But it's not like he's missing or dead. He's still home. With his parents. Which, in his state, that's where he should be. You can still talk to him. He's just taking a break. I'd rather him be there and get better than be here and continue to be self destructive. Just relax for a minute."

"Why would he go home?" Hazel didn't mean to sound rude. "He has you here."

Nico looked at his younger sister for a moment, and let out a breath.

"Because he has a lot of problems," we never knew the extent of Percy's problems. He didn't talk about them with us. "And this place either causes or inflicts on a lot of them. It's stressful, too. Being the leader of Camp and all. He needed a break before he jumped off of the Big House or something."

That was a valid excuse. And after breakfast, I was walking around with Nico and he seemed to be doing fine. Every once in a while he'd check his phone. Sometimes he'd send a text. Which was good, he was checking up on his boyfriend.

It's nice to see that Nico was worried about him. That he cared so much. So I figured I'd ask.

"Is he doing okay?" I asked Nico after he sent a text and put his phone back in his pocket.

"What? Yeah," the son of Hades assured me, and that was a relief. "He's doing good, considering. A lot better than he was the other day. Being around the positive atmosphere helps a lot. Not that it's not positive here. But it's just a lot of bad association and what not."

"Which is understandable." I added on. "But that's good that he's doing better. For a while I was worried that we might lose him, and that would suck. I'm assuming that you've been smoking a lot more lately though? A little more stressed with all of this going on?"

"No, actually." I don't think he even realized it until I asked. "I mean, it's not like I smoked all the time anyways. But I haven't smoked the entirety of the month we've been together. I suppose I was busy with other things. I don't think he even knows that I ever smoked. Because I just never did around him. I guess that's one way to stop."

"Probably the best way, too." I agreed with what he said. "Without even realizing it is always good. So he did do something good for you in the midst of this depression shit."

"I guess, yeah."He said with a small smile on his face.

"Aw, we got a Mr. Lover Boy over here do we?" I joked with him and Nico gave me a playful punch to the arm.

"Shut up," Nico told me, still with that dumb smile. "At least I have a boyfriend. What do you have, Leo?"

"Less than you." I responded. "Sadly."

"Ah yes, it's tragic."

Percy

Slowly, I was getting better. I willingly ate breakfast this morning. So that was a good sign!

It was sweet, though. Because after breakfast Nico told me that the others found out what happened, as in that I'm home because of my depression, as I'm getting a bunch of texts from my friends and random campers. Telling me get better.