Christmas Short (III) A Trust to Earn

Bete Noire's POV

I raised my head, seeing myself in the same room. It's still the same, but without that... voice.

Who was she...?

My legs couldn't move from being tucked too long and my insanity highlights.

Here I am, the living nightmare... Who couldn't even stand up.

Jessica's POV

My hands traced around the table, not even touching a single table mat.

All the balloons floated in the room and the confetti randomly scattered.

What is this, a children's party?

I sighed, conscious about almost everything that filled the room. Toriel got to help me with the food and Papyrus with the invitation.

Sans glared at me as I place basket of fruits in the table, but I was able to shake it off– still feeling the guilt I have, heavy down on my shoulders.

A reminder suddenly popped in my head, an idea of giving Gaster his favorite fruit. He loved oranges, same with Papyrus– and unsure I am if Sans does.

Checking the time as I grabbed 3 oranges from the fruit basket, I rushed to the kitchen counter and sheath a kitchen knife, placing a cutting board in the counter.

Hurrying, and accident to cut the skin of my finger. With a flinch, and the knife falling– a blue glow surrounded it.

Realizing familiarization, I turned my head to Sans, who held the knife from falling to my toes.

My eyebrows raised, as he placed the kitchen knife back to the cutting board.

"You're so careless." he muttered.

"T-Thank you..."   "What?"

"Thank you for saving me...." I stuttered.

Sans looked away rolling his eyes; "Gaster would kill me if you're hurt anyway."

I stood up staring at the cut, and dragged the finger that was cut in her mouth.

I guess Sans does have a sweet side, I'm just not the right person to earn his trust.

So... It's about trust now huh?

I curved my mouth into a smile...

I'll earn it someday....