The End of the Beginning

"It was the end; the end of the beginning."

Gaster's POV

I inched closer to Jessica's door, for my palm ached for the doorknob to twist so a simple plank of wood wouldn't seperate me away from her.

I am scared and confuse, and my heart begged to know what-, no- why she changed all of the sudden.

It's been exactly 3 days, yet it felt like years that the thought made me groan.

"What the heck is wrong with her?" I hear myself mumur as my palm traced to my forehead.

"Ya' mean, what is wrong with you two?" A deep-toned voice appeard from behind me, making me slowly twist my head slightly to see Sans.

I looked at him, confused. "What?"

"Oh, Gaster, please. You and Jessica out of all monster- err... and people, should know that. He explained, lazily warming his hands in his jacket's pockets.

My eyelids dropped at him as a small frown plastered on my face, making Sans silent.

"I don't get it, Gaster-" He mumbled "Why just now, you fell inlove with that pesky woman?" His eyesockets turned complete black as he scoffed, pitying me.

My eyes raised back up at him "-you remember?"

"Every timeline."

"Why?"

"What?"

"Why would you just tell me this now?!" My tone raised as I gritted my teeth.

Inside his eyesocket, a fiery of blue glowed "Because, unlike you- I don't risk every timeline and change almost EVERY single thing." He hissed, shutting me up.

Sans' eyesockets turned normal as he looked away "-and I thought I was giving that woman a chance."

I remained silent as he sighed. Sooner, he just approaches the beginning of the stairs with no more words than just a glare that could mercilessly sting me.

He finally spoke, "You're hopeless." and walked down the stairs as I watched him disappear.