~7

Beverly's P.O.V
————————

Charlie's parents pulled up into the driveway, she had managed to get up out of bed and go to the bathroom to properly clean herself up.

"So, good news is nothing shows. Bad news is I have to discard a whole bunch of bloody gauze and an unloved towel." She said walking back into her room.

"What if you have a concussion?" I asked.
"I don't know, I probably do. But my parents are already mad that I broke my glasses from getting chased in the woods. Imagine them hearing I used up all the gauze, discarded if a towel AND got a concussion from the SAME KIDS." After she finished her sentence the door downstairs began to shake as someone tried unlocking the door.

She ran to the bathroom and I could hear her hiss in pain as she jerked her head from the sudden movement.

She grabbed the garbage bag from the bathroom and ran down the stairway. Heading towards the back door as I followed suit.

She threw the bag in the garbage and slammed it shut just as her mother walked out the door. I noticed a trickle of blood run down the side of her head. I moved her hair to the side hiding her face. Her mom squinted at us.

"You should do something with your hair, keep it out of your face." She said to Charlie before walking back inside.

We looked at each other.

"Well that's taken care of...?" Charlie said.