~8

Charlies P.O.V

______________

1 week later

"mom ill be in the backyard" I called out. "okay!" she yelled back.  I walked out the door, looking around I snuck out of the gate and walked through the wooded area.

looking around I listened to the sound of birds chirping.

as I continued following the river, I was startled by a bark. turning around quickly I noticed my dog, Flownder, run out. "shit flownder you gave me a heart attack." I scolded petting him. "go back home you're going to get me caught." My mom hated when I went into the woods. my dog began growling staring behind me, I swung around and to my surprise there was nothing there, just woods. my dog began slowly walking towards the source of his uncontrollable growling and I followed suite assuming it was just a squirrel.

behind me there was footsteps and without hesitation I dove behind a bush trying to grab flownder with me, but he ran off barking in the same direction. "Charlotte! where are you! You're gonna get in trouble"  my sister Mary-Anne said. before I could come out she began running to catch flownder.

I got out from behind the bush but my overall got caught, after a few minutes of struggling I heard a scream. getting up and ripping the branch off of me I ran to the source of the scream. I saw a blood trail and anxiously followed it.

in the river I found not only my dog, but a clown holding my sister, like a puppet.. her lifeless body limp in his arms and my own heart beating a mile a minute. I screamed but it all sounded low and echoey to me.

I felt someone shaking me as a screamed and cried "what have you done! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!" i looked down at my hands and saw blood. and as i looked up it was my brother screaming at me, as I stared crying my brother began to morph into the clown from earlier. I backed away shaking and crying, "no. Stop!" he stood in front of me tall and dripping drool from his curled red painted lips and said, "this is your fault." I closed my eyes waiting for my fate but all I heard was the thumping footsteps of of multiple people.

"oh my god!" opening my eyes I saw the losers, Beverly ran over to me and shielded me from the sight. I kept babbling nonsense as my crying didn't allow me to get out a single word.

all that came out that anyone understood was "Clown..Clown!" Beverly hugged me and I nestled my face into her shoulder.

the boys looked at each other and then over to Beverly and I.

then they said in unison, "IT"