~22

Happy Pride Month!!! 🙌💕🌈☁️

Charlie's P.O.V
_____________

During study hall I sat reading a random book I picked from the shelves in the library, it wasn't too interesting but I needed something to do for an hour.

Addy had ran off saying she needed to talk to someone and I just nodded, why would I oppose?

I began to cringe as an intense love scene stirred up in the second chapter of the book.

"I'm back!" Addy exclaimed. "Hey, you were gone for a while" I laughed.

"Yeah. I know." She said putting down her backpack and sliding down the wall beside me.

"So, anything interesting happen today?" She nudged me.

Thinking about being stared at all morning and trying but failing and giving into talking to Bev, I didn't really have much to talk about so I just shrugged.

"Oh c'mon, you've been gone for a little while and what? People haven't made it a big deal that you're back?" She seemed surprised, but of course nobody really knew why I was gone.

"No. Why would they?" I looked back down at my book, tracing my finger across the binding.

"Why WOULDNT they" She retorted taking a lollipop and putting it into her mouth.

Before I could respond from the corner of my eye I saw Beverly pop her head into the library doorway. She looked around and spotted me.

"Come here" She mouthed, taking her finger and motioning for me.

I nodded completely dumbfounded. Addy looked over at me then followed my eyes to where I had been looking.

"Charlie, what about us hanging out?" She furrowed her brows.

"Yea, I'll be back, dont worry." I grabbed my backpack.

I went to the door like a dog following it's owner for a treat. She smiled at me as I got closer. I looked around the hall behind Bev before looking back at her I asked, "aren't you supposed to be in class?"

She shrugged, "yea... but I haven't seen you in so long. I thought I'd come visit." She smiled.

I nodded. Closing my eyes and looking down I couldn't find an easier way to explain that talking to her right now is worse than ANY crime I could commit.

My parents already warned me. I mean hell they sent me away for fucks sake.

"You okay?" She asked squinting her eyes at me.
"Uh, y-yeah of course!" I said plastering a slight smile onto my face.

"Good, now lets go." She held her hand out.

"Go where?" I raised my eyebrows

"You'll see!" She grabbed my wrist running down the empty hallways with me. I was terrified we'd get caught, I was terrified they'd call my parents.

But being with Beverly also made me feel so alive and being happy was actually genuine and not forced like a bad birthday gift that you want to throw out but know it would hurt the givers feelings.

But I guess hurting peoples feelings is something I've been good at. As well as getting under people's skin, hiding the truth, and later on lying to my parents about what went on today.