Just Friends

A/N: i know instagram was shitty back in the day but for the sake of this story lets pretend it works like today's Instagram. Also, Happy New Year to all of you💜

Its been two weeks since i got the job at Newsies and i couldn't be happier, today is Saturday the 30th which means its Corey's birthday. He invited the cast to his house to celebrate. Its a blessing that on Sundays they don't have any shows so it fits perfectly with the party tonight.

Im in the golden trio's dressing room talking with Ben as im editing some photos on my laptop.
"Ben, i need some help with Corey's present! I don't know what to give him and the party is TONIGHT" i start getting really worried.

"Don't worry too much Alai. Corey is the type of guy who doesn't like big presents so...... oH YOU KNOW WHAT HE LOVES? HATS!"

"Hats? As in caps?"

"Caps, fedoras, any type of hat really"

"Okay i'll see what i can find then, thanks"

Then he comes to where i am and sits next to me, putting his head on my shoulder.

"What are you doing?" I give a small laugh.

"I want to observe how you edit the photos. I'd love to see how the magic happens" we stare at each other's eyes, and everything goes quiet.

Suddenly the door bust open and Kara is filming us.

"Here we have Ben who we all know plays Davey in the show. But you've never seen this girl before!" I awkwardly wave to the camera. "Let me introduce you to Alai, the best photographer in the world"
"Woooooow that's tooootally not true" I interrupt her.
"Well, basically she is our photographer as in she takes all those photos you have seen lately on the Newsies Instagram, online and twitter page. Isn't she amazing?!"

"What are you doing? Who are you asking?" Ben asks.

"Im doing an Instagram Live."

"Something you wouldn't know since you never use your Instagram..." i add.

"Wow shade." Ben looks back at me.

"Alai you've got some fans here! They are saying that they love your work and wished they could buy some of the photographs you have taken of the cast. Some also thank you for the content you are providing to all the fansies" Kara reads some of the comments.

"Awwww that's so sweet! Its my pleasure to provide said content. I might talk to my boss about the photos then, if so many people want them, maybe they can do something about it."

"I actually came here looking for the birthday boy"

"Sadly he's not on time, what a shocker, but he's on his way, he was having lunch with his family who are also seeing the show today" i answer kara.

"Oh thats a bummer, i wanted to sing happy birthday for him in the livestream. Whatever then, bye guys! We have the last show of the week in 25 minutes and i haven't changed to my katherine costume yet! so i have to leave you!" Kara ends the livestream as she leaves the room.

I didnt even notice that ben never left his position. And suddenly i feel conscious of every breath i take.

"Hey thats a good one of me" Ben points to the screen.

I go back to my senses and look at the screen. I took this photo of ben when he was warming up with they boys. He's playing the piano and smiling, while the others are stretching. He looks really cute to be honest.

"Yeah, most of all i love how your shirt is really messed up" i joke and we both laugh.

"Well you need to leave cause i need to also change into my costume Al"