I Have A Date?

"Well i should probably leave you so you can change." I walk to the door. "Are you celebrating or going out for your birthday?"

"Nah i might have dinner with my family but thats it, im too tired to do anything today"

"Not even something over the weekend?"

"Maybe, i don't know"

Im almost out of the room when ben asks.
"Do you want to see a show or something?"

"What?"

"Since im not doing anything to celebrate my birthday, and we are theatre geeks, would you want to go see a show or something?"

"Yeah of course, im so down."

Then realization hits me.

"Are we going alone? Just the two of us?"

"Yeah, it will probably be much easier to get tickets and we dont have to check if the others can or cant make it to the show" ben responds, oblivious to my nervous expression.

"Okay, lets search what shows are available and we'll decide what we are going to see"

After a few minutes we come up with a list of possible shows we could see over the weekend.

•mama mía
•pippin
•first date
•once
•the lion king

"Oh lets see mama mía, besides Christy Altomare is leaving soon and i love her to death" i say

"Wait, are you a fan of Christy?"

"Ben you keep forgetting that before this job i was, actually still am, a theatre fan. So yes, im a fan of Christy's"

"Then maybe i can text Christy if she can hook us up with tickets" ben says while picking up his phone.

"Wait really???!!!" I exclaim with a huge smile on my face.

"Yeah we are good friends, we did the spring awakening national tour"

"For a second i forgot about that"

"Done, we have tickets for Sunday at 7pm. And she invited us backstage too."

"Ben this feels more like a birthday gift for me than yours"

"Hahahhaha maybe..... but you know. If my friends are happy then im happy"

"Well..... thank you, friend."

I walk back to my dressing room.
I see kara ready to go on stage.

"Kara i think i have a date with Ben"

"oh my god AL!! , wait what do you mean you THINK you have a date with ben?"

"Ben wasn't planning on doing something for his birthday so we decided to go see a show. Just the two of us. But he called me specifically friend twice in the conversation we had upstairs."

"Al, he is totally into you. Don't worry about it. Besides if i know you well enough, which i think i do. The fact that this isn't called an "official" date, might take the pressure off the two of you."

"Yeah, you are totally right"

"I know i am"

"Don't let it get into your head K"

Places are called.

"Wait, what do you mean he's into m-?"

But kara already left the room and im suddenly so confused?
———-
Since the show has already started, I take the chance to post something on the newsies acc for ben's birthday.

Happy birthday to our Davey aka @Plznfanku !!We are glad you are still carrying the banner with us and we couldn't be more grateful to have you sing "poor gUYS head is spinning" every night for us

We are glad you are still carrying the banner with us and we couldn't be more grateful to have you sing "poor gUYS head is spinning" every night for us.
Here's to more strikes and the king of new york tap dances.

#birthdayboy #davey #newsies

——————

When the two shows are done i pack everything and go to the boys dressing room cause i have to give Iain his phone charger back.

"Oh look who's here!" I stick my tongue out to whoever said that.

"Iain thanks for the charger!" I say as i threw it to his hands.

"You're welcome"

"So Al, whats this date thing with Ben?" Julian asks and everyone makes kissing sounds and faces at me.

"Seriously guys? What are you? Ten?Besides, how do you know that?"

"Corey told us"

"Well he's wrong cause we are not going on a date, we're just going to see a show on Sunday."

"Is there anyone going with you two?"

"No"

"Then thats a date" Adam adds.

" oh please shut up, and i would really appreciate it if you don't talk about this ever again :)"

When im about to exit the theater Ben comes running at me.

"Heyyyy whats up"

"Nothing, Just wanted to thank you for the instagram post. It was really quirky and cheesy but i liked it"

"You are so welcome, okay i have to go i have some friends in town and we are having dinner bye!" I give him a kiss on the cheek and leave.