Chapter-8 (her)

Esclava is flooding with aristocrats as I enter the salon. It's newly renovated. I am quizzed by a throng of reporters and journalists and finally I do the presentation and launched the app's newest hidden features and benefits. I spot Christian in the far corner with Elena. I was curious why Ana wasn't there. I took a seat and I was served with freshly prepared continental cuisine, grilled basil chicken with smoked kale ,everything was organic bought from local farmers.

I gleefully cut a piece of delicious cake and savour  every bite

I gleefully cut a piece of delicious cake and savour  every bite .

Christian has not spoken a word about yesterday

Christian has not spoken a word about yesterday. He's trying to act professional. I walk towards another hall which was a little isolated to gather up my thoughts together. I have to be patient with him. It's not his fault that he doesn't remember. Suddenly something snapped. I realized somebody is watching me and when I turned back I was right. Elena was standing at the other end of the hall. She walks towards me. She's wearing black chiffon dress with her face plastered with all the makeup esclava contains..
Elena : "Genevieve what a pleasure to have you in my salon.! "
Pleasure ? More like an unfair punishment to me....
" well , Elena as much  as I would hate to waste any of my time here with  you I have a few people to meet."
Elena: " I think because of your attitude Christian dumped you, it's very similar the last time we met. Both the time Christian is on my side while you are all alone. He replaced you with another girl. Life is so ironic isn't it ? "
"Well Elena you are exceptionally lucky to have him by your side! because if it wasn't for him you would have ended up in jail after the lawsuit! And I don't like to even be around a child abuser, oh!! isn't that you Elena? "
Suddenly her face changes like she's a victim and makes a sobbing face and then my whole body shivers as Christian descended from behind. Christian is very angry.
"will you shut the fuck up? "
" how dare you to talk to miss Lincoln like that?" " it's good that I saw your true colors .
He hands me a piece of paper which says he terminated the contract and he has all the rightful ownership of the app. At this moment I was too numb to think about anything.

"Christian please ! believe me I am saying the truth. Ask Taylor or Mrs Jones ! Ask Andrea ! They know everything except you ! You are just confused about it.
Ana is cheating on you Christian ! That's why I am trying to tell you everything ! Ana is engaged with Andrew Roberts who's the COO of Coleman Co. I saw the pictures of him and Ana together on Andrew's instagram. "

Christian looks very very raged. It's like I unleashed the demon. Elena starts manipulating Christian , she makes a shocked faces and cries her crocodile tears as her eyeliner is completely smudged.
Somehow I picked up the courage and continued
"Christian please don't listen to her we've been through a lot in 7 months, please just see the files Taylor gave you. "
He shouted at me " ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ! I don't want to see you anywhere around me.  Get the fuck out of here !!"

The party is still going on and then Elena shows off the project she launched very recently , all the products of her salon available in a very fashionable manner in an app.
Oh my God ! That's my app ! It's the one she stole from me ! I filed a lawsuit against her but I dropped it because of Christian.
She then all of a sudden points towards me that how my app and so called her app is similar in the concept and idea. She sorts of pointing  me out for plagiarism !! Could this day be anymore worse ?
I am publicly humiliated. She again changes her tone and tells that I have taken inspiration from her app and developed mine in that way.
Christian looks mad as if he was convinced with whatever Elena showcased.
I can't take it anymore. My heart starts pounding faster and I feel like I am suffocating as I try to walk out of the salon and I do my best to breathe some air into my lungs... my head starts spinning as I fish out my pills and shove it down my throat. I call mom telling her everything. I start walking towards the alley and my vision is blurry yet somehow I saw a yellow car and thankfully it was a taxi. I sit back and take deep breaths and just close my eyes . I opened my eyes when I reached home..
it's early evening and mom was paying the taxi driver as she helped me out of it.
Mom lays me down on the couch and calls my doctor.
And for the next few hours I went into a deep slumber till mom woke me up and fed me some chicken soup and garlic bread and helped me change my clothes and I just slept for the entire night with nothing on my mind. It was like the calm before a storm and I already know who'll be the one to cause it......
And I close my eyes and the Flashback starts....