Chapter - 23 (her)

The music, the champagne and all the ladies seemed like a scene from a movie

The music, the champagne and all the ladies seemed like a scene from a movie. Everyone have discreetly chosen to wear bikinis leaving less to wonder beneath the scrap of cloth.
I have  opted for an off shoulder nude orange shade swimsuit with high waistline bottoms covering most of my cleavage and my scar near the hip.
I rest on the sun lounger and soak in some UV rays and drink my martini.
I have missed Olivia's and Danielle's Bachelorette party in the past.
Most of the girls seemed nice but their intellectual level is sub-par. Their lives run on money, bags and shoes.
I never realized how lucky I was to be surrounded by strong women like Hailey, my mom and my sisters. I have taken them for granted. But meeting some of these girls who have survived just on salads and shakes with rich husbands made me loathe the tragedy of today's generation. Their life goal is to be beautiful enough to find a rich husband. Normally I am never the first one to judge people. But experience with many people during work made me an expert on reading people's personalities. Something I have also learned from Christian Grey. I try to fight off the fond memories of the last trip.

"Jenny! come join us in the pool. You're melting already!" Katrina called out for me as I walk into the indoor pool.
Panic gripped my heart, as I slowly descend into the deeper end of the pool. The old familiar ache came rushing back as I try my best to calm down but I can't do it. I slowly go towards the shallow end of the pool and keep my arms above the edge for balance.
I look around and felt relieved as no one seemed to notice that I was uncomfortable.
The upbeat music was lifting up my spirit as I joined Danielle in the dance.
I swayed my hips and shook a little but my flexibility was long gone.
Danielle looked lost for a moment.
" Hey! What's wrong?" I ask her out of concern. Danielle shook her head and said "Nothing! It's just, I miss Nathan. Ever since I gave birth to Ruby and Sam, we both haven't been able to get some  time together without the kids."
"Danielle how about you guys send the kids to daycare, they both are old enough to stay away for a few hours.
It's not a bad thing to want to have a break, it can be overwhelming sometimes." she started smiling.
"I think you're right. I'll talk to Nathan about it later."
Next thing I know is Olivia came next to me and congratulated me.
Olivia has a three year old son named Derek and a  career in advertising agency. Her marriage with Alessandro Bennington was a whirlwind affair. Alessandro or as we call him Alex is an amazing architect and has a great reputation in landscaping business. He has done a great job in restoring so many old historical monuments as a pro Bono.
Alex is Olivia's brother Giorgio's best friend. They partnered to create their business.
Olivia said something to catch my attention. "Jenny you look fantastic! I heard a lot about your success from Alex as he reads Forbes all the time.
Sorellina, I can't be more proud of you! Let's have a toast."
We all sat on the edge of the pool and raised our glasses to Katrina and Joseph for a happy ever after."
Happy tears started flowing down her cheeks as Katrina tried to keep it together. I have never seen her like this before. She's glowing. Even though she's two years older than me she has always acted like a nine year old. But now she is completely different not at all reckless. Aunt Stephanie and uncle Paul have been great parents never compared Katrina to the rest. She went through a rough patch during college due to anorexia. But their support and Joseph's love helped her through those harsh times.

I feel intoxicated, I have avoided drinking since a long time ago and even though I had a few shots and martinis and a glass of champagne I feel elevated. I sway a bit. The other girls are heavily drunk. At least I don't have an empty stomach. I just hope they keep all the drinks inside their stomach until the end of the party otherwise Nonna will be horrified.
Somebody rang the door bell. What the hell? Nobody is supposed to be here except us.
Danielle and Katrina were in the pool and Olivia was on a call so I went to the main entrance and look through the peephole. It looks like a man outside I can't see clearly, the peephole is dusty. I Breathe sharply and put on a bathrobe.
I open the door and my heart skipped a beat! It's Christian!!
He looks devastatingly handsome in his casual attire.
"Miss Cassel, good to see you." He shot a smile at me. I am speechless
I smiled goofily and I gave him a wait a minute signal and closed the door. I put on a shrug but it's hardly covering much. I need a drink. A lot of it. I can't believe that he is here unannounced at my doorstep.
" Danielle, I am going out I am sorry. It's a bit urgent. I'll call you later."
I slip my feet into a pair of sandals and gulped down a glass of scotch on the rocks with a twist.
I am not in my best senses.
I head out of the door. And hit a hard wall of muscled body. His musky scent filled up my nostrils. My breasts are pressed hard to his chest and I can feel his hard throb of erection against my core.
" Have you been drinking Genevieve?"
I nod. "Maybe a little, after all its a Bachelorette party."
I take his hand and walk towards his car. " Where are we going?" as I settled next to him as he steers out of the cottage.
"My mom's house is nearby. We could have walked but I guess I am too drunk."
I point towards the stone cottage towards out left. I have always loved living there. It's like my second home.

" It's a lovely place you have here

" It's a lovely place you have here." Christian said as I unlocked the door. He brought his luggage inside.
I feel hot and sweaty already. I turn on the air conditioner and brought out c bottles of cold water. I drank all of it and showed his room as I slipped off my shrug.
"You can stay here. Mom has moved out to live at my Nonna's place."
He looks around and smiles.
My heart is beating so fast....
He stepped closer and brings his mouth closer to mine and all I can feel is him. This is what I was missing throughout the last week. I pour my heart into the kiss as we kissed like if it was our  lifeline....